PDA

View Full Version : Body with no accessories

David Zentz
11-Jan-2008, 23:31
A while back I was given an old Graflex Graphic View and now want to get it working. All I have is the main body, but no lens, lens board or film holders. Looking for suggestions as to where to find the basics to get me started. I don't want to spend a ton of money on glass. For now I'm just looking for something in the 150-300mm (that's equivalent to 50-80 on a 35 right?). Any suggestions would be appreciated. This format is pretty new to me.

Thanks
David

Nick_3536
12-Jan-2008, 01:08
KEH and Mpex both should have what you want for reasonable price. www.mpex.com grab the phone number off the website and call. He'll be better able to help you with the lensboard choice.

A 150mm shouldn't be very expensive. Really most of the lenses in the 135-210mm range are fairly reasonable.

Wayne R. Scott
12-Jan-2008, 07:56
David,

You will want to look for 4"x4" lens boards, the Graphic View takes a different lens board than the later Crown and Speed Graphics these have rounded corners. The older Anniversary Speed Graphics used a 4"' board also that will work on the Graphic View. If it were me, I would look for a 203mm f7.7 Kodak Ektar these are fairly common, reasonable in price, very sharp and small and light weight.

For film holders I really like the 6 shot graphmatic film holder, but prices for these have been a little nuts lately.

Wayne

John Kasaian
14-Jan-2008, 00:36
More good low cost glass to look for are the 162 Velostigmat, 120 Angulon, Symmar convertable, 135 WF Ektar(well maybe this one isn't so low cost) and 215 Paragon/Acuton/Caltar. I like Graphic Riteway film holders (the old ones---not the new ones)
Enjoy!