PDA

View Full Version : LF shoot in CT. (end in mystic)

eddie
8-Jan-2008, 05:09
hello all,

we are planning yet another LF shoot in middle Ct on Sat the 12th. we are planning to start in the AM around Willimantic CT and move to mystic for the evening light.

all are welcome. bring whatever you like to shoot. specifics to follow.

eddie

tim810
8-Jan-2008, 11:28
Hi all.
I have a few places in mind for Sat. There is a Mill 2 blocks from my apt. It used to be an old thread mill. Most of it has been renovated but some of the back half is still in ruin including the area around the smokestack. I have asked the property manager for access and have been granted it as long as we don't go climbing on things. Behind my apt there is a barely used rail yard that is really fun to shoot. After I was thinking if we wanted to stick with mills and rail yards and churches I have a few around the area that are of interest. The church I have in mind is stone, and (if there is strong light and just after noon), the Rosette is beautiful from the inside of the dark church. A couple of rail yards and mills as well. In the late afternoon I want to make way to Mystic and shoot an old abandoned house again before it is torn down. I have one shot of it in medium format color but none in 810. There are beaches and small shore town CT shots everywhere. I figured we could get a feel for what everyone’s interest is, than finalize plans. The quality of light also is a factor as to what we shoot. Mills and such are kind of cool in dim shaded light. Well enough of my coffee ramble. Anyone is welcome!!
Tim

Flexnib
8-Jan-2008, 12:08
Hello,
Count me in. I will be in Willimantic CT by about 9-9:30am on saturday. I would love a contact number to call that morning or an exact location, address, that I can look up on mapquest.
Thanks
Arthur, NYC

tim810
8-Jan-2008, 12:25
I will have detailed directions up later this evening.
Tim

Pete Roody
8-Jan-2008, 12:45
I am also going. Have car from NYC if anyone needs a ride.

Pete

eddie
8-Jan-2008, 15:18
YAHOO!!! sounds like fun. now if we can get some more of that 65 degree weather......

tim810
8-Jan-2008, 17:44
The meeting place will be the parking lot in back of my apt. The address of the bldg is 736 Main St Willimantic CT 06226. The Road that the parking lot is on is Riverside drive. Turn down Church st to get to the parking lot. Look for a bright green Beetle. I will be waiting.
Any questions call or email me.
(860)634-0692
ttrombley@gmail.com

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Willimantic,+CT,+United+States+of+America&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

ajbirdboy
9-Jan-2008, 14:50
Thanks, eddie for the invitation; I'd love to go, but some things requiring some real attention on my part prevent me from going out to play Saturday. Hopefully the next time isn't too far off in the future. Al

eddie
11-Jan-2008, 05:46
FWIW. i am going to Ct. rain or shine! i leave tonight (friday).

eddie

tim810
11-Jan-2008, 07:41
I just looked up the weather. Partly cloudy and 45 degrees.

No Rain!! We will go either way though.

Pete Roody
11-Jan-2008, 08:16
I will be there around 9:30am. See you then!

Flexnib
11-Jan-2008, 11:02
Tim Pete and Eddie
See you tomorrow in Willimantic, CT
My cell is (removed by request)

Arthur

tim810
12-Jan-2008, 20:22
I had a great time today. I can't wait to see some results. Especially the last mill, the light was perfect!!!!

Cheers everyone and thanks for a great time

Tim

eddie
13-Jan-2008, 06:29
yup. souping my stuff now. starting with the last mill first.....more when they dry........

tim810
13-Jan-2008, 06:57
I have 12 hours reserved in the dark room tomorrow. I can't wait to see my results.

eddie
13-Jan-2008, 07:38
i just loaded 3 rolls into my tank...and then TOOK THE F#$%ING LID OFF!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

eddie
13-Jan-2008, 07:49
i am sure all my morning and last mill shots are ruined!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DAMN !
DAMN !
DAMN !

eddie
13-Jan-2008, 08:24
YUP. no last mill shots with the flash! both 120 morning rolls ruined except 1 frame!

now onto the 4x5 and 8x10. i hope i have gotten this out of my system!

alec4444
13-Jan-2008, 14:58
i just loaded 3 rolls into my tank...and then TOOK THE F#$%ING LID OFF!

Ya know, when they called it a "daylight tank" they didn't actually intend for you to inspect your developing film in daylight... :p

Sorry to hear of those woes; better luck on the sheet film. Given that it's more challenging, it'll probably go fine! :D Sounds like I missed a great day! Painting the apartment really sucked in case anyone was wondering.

--A

eddie
13-Jan-2008, 16:08
thanks alec,
sory you missed out. the mills were awesome. i did get some better than imagined shots of the last mill with some 125 plus X. i ruined the HP5+ film i was going o push.....but amazingly i got some okay stuff shooting 1/8 at f2.8.

i am not sure what is wrong with my learning curve. i opened my SS tank once before.....you would think i would learn. after the 1st episode i began taping the lid down just to keep the idiot in me away! i guess i need to do that every time!

i will do my 4x5 now. the one thing i am doing different is now i am, drinking beer! i only have developing problems while i am sober!

Alex Wei
14-Jan-2008, 11:45
Drinking beer in the dark by yourself, that's just lame, Eddie:)
Sorry to hear your "Rolls" got ruined. Guess third time will be the charm.

tim810
15-Jan-2008, 17:41
I just finnished developing most of my negs from Sat. The ones from the last mill are awsome. Dead on!!! Everything I finished developing was dead on. I also developed some stuff from yesterdays snow. I took some photo's yesterday in the rail yard Awsome!! as soon as I get some prints done I will post them.
Cheers
Tim

eddie
16-Jan-2008, 05:21
great work tim. o would love to see some of the shots you got.

i just (successfully) souped my five 4x5 negs. they came out perfect (thanks for all the advice on foma 100 and pyro hd. 70 degree for 12 min. 1:1:100) i will try and post some soon. i need to get in the darkroom and try an print a few. i ma not sure if my scanner will like pyro! any suggestions on souping J&C 100 in pyro?

eddie

tim810
16-Jan-2008, 17:21
I just printed a few of the images I shot last weekend. I will have more to come soon. Here is one from the basement of the first mill (mill3s) and two from inside the last mill (Mill1s and Mill2s). Let me know what you think. I am going to work on them later this weekend and fine tune everything. Cheers everyone
Tim

alec4444
16-Jan-2008, 22:46
I just printed a few of the images I shot last weekend. I will have more to come soon. Here is one from the basement of the first mill (mill3s) and two from inside the last mill (Mill1s and Mill2s). Let me know what you think. I am going to work on them later this weekend and fine tune everything. Cheers everyone
Tim

Awww man, I hope you guys arrange another trip there sometime. Yummy detail.

--A

Pete Roody
17-Jan-2008, 07:56
Awww man, I hope you guys arrange another trip there sometime. Yummy detail.

--A

I'd go back. We shouldn't wait too long though. The roof looks like it is going to cave any minute and the floor wasn't much better. If you fall through the floor you're in trouble. All I saw was water through the holes.

Nice photos Tim! Hope to have mine developed this weekend.

eddie
18-Jan-2008, 06:07
hi all,
i got some stuff printed and scanned. i just got a new computer with vista on it. as a result my scanning software is not supported so i am unable to resize (i am not smart enough to figure out PS!).

i have uploaded the files to my photo.net gallery to save server space on LF forums. i will see if i can get them to show here also. some are taken with my 35mm so i figured it was not appropriate to post them here. all the 35mm negs were shot hand held inside the last mill at less than 1/10 sec. so forgive the softness/camera shake! (the first 4 are 35mm the last 3 are 4x5)

click here for the photos (http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=800713)

eddie
20-Jan-2008, 10:51
okay okay! today is a good day.

i printed some stuff using VDB. my first time ever! 25 min exposure using the sun.

alec4444
20-Jan-2008, 11:19
That's awesome, Eddie. Did you use a photoformulary kit or did you mix that yourself? Love the 25 min exposure....new england sorta sucks in the winter for alt process!!! Dying to play around with that myself!

--A

PS: I think the sink shot (my personal favorite of your lot) would look great in cyanotype....

eddie
20-Jan-2008, 12:25
thanks alec,

i use the kit. but i have since then bought all the bulk chemicals i need to do VDB and Kallitype. so from now on i will be mixing all my own stuff! it is really fun to do. matter of fact i have already mixed my Kallitype sensitizer from the bulk stuff. maybe next weekend i will get a chance to try it out....sure wish i had another UV light source so i could do it at night.

Flexnib
27-Jan-2008, 16:44
Hello All,
I finally got to the darkroom. I hope you like them. These are digital photos of my wet darkroom prints.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/flexnib/DSCN2981.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/flexnib/DSCN2978.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/flexnib/DSCN2975.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/flexnib/DSCN2969.jpg

tim810
29-Jan-2008, 06:43
Arthur, thoes are great!!. I like the shots of the barn alot.