PDA

View Full Version : Labs for velvia slide film

trink408
3-Jan-2008, 06:59
I'm looking around for some labs that still work with 4x5 transparencies, any suggestions?

I can't find anyone locally, so shipping will probably be mandatory. I have worked with A&I labs in the past, but wondered what other options are out there.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

John Powers
3-Jan-2008, 07:35
Take a look at this thread, "Making a List"
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28443&highlight=color+labs

I added the lab that does 4x5 E6 work for the courses at U Akron (Ohio). I sent over my 4x5 Velvia this past term and they were great. However, that may be further away from you than you want.

John Powers

lenser
3-Jan-2008, 10:22
I'm quite happy with www.alliedphotocolor.com in St. Louis.

IanMazursky
3-Jan-2008, 12:19
I use LTI in NYC.
They do a great job on my 4x5 negs and chromes.
www.ltiny.com

Jim Becia
3-Jan-2008, 15:13
I'm looking around for some labs that still work with 4x5 transparencies, any suggestions?

I can't find anyone locally, so shipping will probably be mandatory. I have worked with A&I labs in the past, but wondered what other options are out there.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Seeing you're from WI, you could try Burne Imaging in Madison (www.burne.com). I have used them for my 4X10 film. I also like Photocraft in Boulder, CO and use them for most of my 4X5 film. Very reasonable and good service (www.pcraft.com). Ask for John or Jen.

jimmygcreative
3-Jan-2008, 16:36
I have taken a tour of the A&I color lab in Hollywood location and I can say they have a state of the art facility second to none.

Anupam
3-Jan-2008, 16:48
Burne did a good job for me.

trink408
4-Jan-2008, 06:12
Seeing you're from WI, you could try Burne Imaging in Madison (www.burne.com). I have used them for my 4X10 film. I also like Photocraft in Boulder, CO and use them for most of my 4X5 film. Very reasonable and good service (www.pcraft.com). Ask for John or Jen.

Thanks, I will get ahold of Burne Imaging and see what they can do for me. I like the idea of working with a lab fairly close to me...

Thanks for all the replies everyone!!

eddie
5-Jan-2008, 05:27
L&I in NYC have been doing my E6 and C41. great service. great rates.

eddie