PDA

View Full Version : Physics - on topic this time

Norm Buchanan
25-Dec-2007, 16:34
After a thread on the use of tax money to support physics I thought I'd get back on topic. I am currently working on a project where I am photographing women physicists.

http://www.pbase.com/nbuchanan/women_in_physics

If anyone knows a female physicist who would be interested in being photographed for my project please let me know! I'll be in the Chicago area until February or March and then moving to Ft Collins Colorado.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Warning - the photos are a mix of digital, large and medium formats so it isn't technically an entirely large format post - sorry ;)

Charles Carstensen
25-Dec-2007, 19:03
Excellent work. Mix is good, nothing negative about that, you have a terrific project going on.

Winger
26-Dec-2007, 07:42
In Massachusetts, there's a group called "Women in Science". They do educational programs for high school students showing what women can do in science. I don't know if it's a national group or not? You might be able to find a female physicist through them, though. I know the ones in MA had a list of people to call upon for their career days and such (I was a forensic chemist on the list along with others).
Great project, btw.

Daniel Geiger
26-Dec-2007, 17:48
Nice images. But what are they working on? I miss for one a short indication such as "Jane Doe: quark - lepton interaction in low temperature plasma" or what have you. And how about a link to their web pages?

David Vickery
28-Dec-2007, 10:46
Go to charlierose.com and look up Lisa Randall. She would be a great subject to photograph. I have no idea if she would pose for you, I have never met her.

mrladewig
28-Dec-2007, 15:19
I can ask my Aunt. She works with various space program projects at L-M in Denver. Unfortunately, she was just in a skiing accident yesterday and hurt her knee pretty bad. But after a few days I'll ask her.