PDA

View Full Version : Exhibit schedule for January 2008

domenico Foschi
22-Dec-2007, 16:44
Fist things first.
I wish happy Holidays to all of you who use those old fashioned box cameras. Hasselblad...is it?
Jim Galli has just come to mind and in case you haven't seen him yet, he would be a perfect Santa if he had a longer beard, more pounds, he would stuff a canvas bag full of those lenses of mysterious origins and he had more heart!!:)

And now....some announcements,....2 of them.

I am particularly grateful for the 2 shows I have been working on lately, that will happen in the month of January 2008.

FIRST SHOW.

"PAST THE OBVIOUS"

Solo show at the Espacio Orienta Gallery, located at Sanclemente 18, 50001 Zaragoza, Spain.
This show will start january 10 and will end on February 19 2008
Reception on January 10.
If you live in or anywhere near Zaragoza, and you are actually going to be there for the opening I would appreciate to get your feedback about the show since I won't be able to be there.
I was actually planning to be there, but because of the next show listed I have had to change my priorities.

SECOND SHOW
Group exhibit at the Art Rental and Sales Gallery of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, (LACMA).
Time running January 11th through February 21.
RECEPTION: January 11th 6.30-8.30pm
Exhibiting Artists:
Domenico Foschi
Gus Harper
Helen Youngblood
Victor Zubeldia
If the Los ANgelenos members of these site are available I would be glad to meet them, finally.
That weekend looks like it will be a photography haven in Los Angeles, because of Photo LA

I hope to see you at LACMA!

http://i15.tinypic.com/6xtbrlh.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/8bgcmf5.jpg

David Karp
22-Dec-2007, 17:25
Congratulations Domenico.

I hope to make it.

domenico Foschi
23-Dec-2007, 13:57
Congratulations Domenico.

I hope to make it.

Thank you, David.
I hope we'll meet at last,

Domenico

vinny
23-Dec-2007, 19:02
It's on my calendar.
vinny

domenico Foschi
25-Dec-2007, 19:44
It's on my calendar.
vinny

Looking forward to meet you, Vinny.

Ted Harris
25-Dec-2007, 21:06
And you know I'll be there. Steve too most likely.

domenico Foschi
26-Dec-2007, 15:43
And you know I'll be there. Steve too most likely.

That's great Ted,
I'd better get back in the darkroom then...

John Kasaian
26-Dec-2007, 18:00
Congratulations Domenico!

I'd love to make the reception but it is on our wedding anniversary, so we probably will have to catch the exhibition later in the month.

I hope the show is a great success!

domenico Foschi
11-Jan-2008, 00:32
I revived this thread because the opening will be tomorrow, Friday 11th, I hope some of you Los Angelenos will be able to make it.
Exciting, exciting evening it will be,
Domenico

Hugo Zhang
11-Jan-2008, 06:57
Domenico,

I will be there tonight to see you!

Hugo

Jorge Gasteazoro
11-Jan-2008, 10:20
I wish I could be there, wish you much success.

Michael Gordon
11-Jan-2008, 11:58
Domenico: until what time will you stay at LACMA this eve? I'd love to see your work in person and meet you, but I am terrified of Los Angeles traffic on Friday afternoons/evenings and just don't do well with it :eek:. I am thinking about arriving after 730pm.

Kirk Gittings
11-Jan-2008, 12:03
Break a tripod leg! And talk about your work!

domenico Foschi
11-Jan-2008, 12:50
Domenico: until what time will you stay at LACMA this eve? I'd love to see your work in person and meet you, but I am terrified of Los Angeles traffic on Friday afternoons/evenings and just don't do well with it :eek:. I am thinking about arriving after 730pm.

Michael, fear shouldn't stop you, come over, there are other member of the forum coming: it's a great opportunity to put faces to name we see every day.
The show start at 6.30 and the official closing time is 8.30, but you know how these things work...there is always half an hour leave way...
Kirk, I will bring my monopod and my walking stick, about that!
And I will talk about my work, I actually always do at openings, pity you won't be able to be there... and thank you for your comments in the other thread.
I am planning to go at photo LA tomorrow, anybody there?

Kirk Gittings
11-Jan-2008, 12:52
Ted and Steve are at Photo LA. I'm sure they would love to run into you.

vinny
11-Jan-2008, 13:27
My wife and i are heading to Photo LA this afternoon then to your show afterwords. I'll be the tall, skinny guy.
vinny

domenico Foschi
11-Jan-2008, 13:31
Ted and Steve are at Photo LA. I'm sure they would love to run into you.

Ted will be at the exhibit as well.

Michael Gordon
11-Jan-2008, 13:47
Michael, fear shouldn't stop you, come over...

Fear won't stop me, but L.A. traffic will! :D

I hope to see you!

David Karp
11-Jan-2008, 22:30
No sitter for the kids tonight, so my wife and I decided to take our kids to L.A. County Museum of Art to see Domenico's exhibit. At the last minute, my sister asked if she could drop her kids with us for the evening. Still undeterred, we took the four kids, ages 4, 5, 6 and 6, to the museum!

It was a pleasure to meet Domenico in the flesh, and also to see his beautiful photographs. We also had a chance to meet Vinny and his wife, just before the kids started the melt down process. They really held it together really well, which gave us a chance for a quick meeting and chat, and just barely enough time to look at those wonderful photos.

Very enjoyable. I hope some of the others got there too.

domenico Foschi
13-Jan-2008, 13:55
It was nice meeting some of the members of the forum, although, David, I still am 100% sure I have met you and your wife somewhere in the past, but the answer of where will be buried in my subconscious.
The show had a great turnout and I thank everybody for the support in this forum.
Hugo Zhang came in with his new Chamonix 48x60 for a group portrait and asked that a wall would be knocked down for proper camera movements.:D

By the way I went to photo LA yesterday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Much better than last year, much of the work was phenomenal.
My encounter with Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee was truly the icing on the cake.
I wish I had had time to speak more with Michael, but he was busy talking with the many admirers of the couple's work, but he came through like a true gentleman in those few instants I spoke with him.
I had a twenty minutes or so conversation with Paula, who showed me her wonderful platinum prints, huge prints, beautiful delicate and strong....I am trying to find the appropriate range of adjectives to describe them, but truly words fail.
Just The paper onto which the images are printed is a thing of beauty on itself.
Great people whose attitude, I am sure, comes in part from their love for their craft.

I perused the many galleries where I found a wide range of work, and I found great inspiration looking at some faboulous lith prints and incredibly lyric photogravures from a conemporary photographer from Spain.
I have the names somewhere, but not here, I am sorry.
As I said, a great Saturday, five hours passed quickly and I wanted more.
If you are going today don't park at the Photo LA parking: $ 10.00