PDA

View Full Version : Screw driver sizes for Master Technika?

Arne Norris
20-Dec-2007, 15:27
I'm trying to find info on the screwdriver sizes I would need for doing some simple work on my Master Technika. I can't find a local source for precision metric screwdrivers to find out by trying them on the camera. (I live in Portland, Maine.) I presume they are metric and a source for them can be found online?

Here's the work I want to be able to do:

1) Install new ground glass.

2) Adjust the angle of a new style grip (two screws on cylinder-shaped bracket of grip)

3) Replace bellows. (Four large screws on back and 4 small inside front panel)

4) Remove the two sliding locks on the top plate to be able to put new leatherette on top panel. (screws are inside the top hinged panel.)

If anyone has any experience please let me know. Thanks!

John Schneider
20-Dec-2007, 15:32
Get a set of Bondhus jeweler's screwdrivers. I don't have the set p/n, but my set contains Phillips #00, 0, and 1; and 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0mm bladed screwdrivers.

Vick Ko
20-Dec-2007, 16:06
Go to Fargo for tools:
http://www.fargo-ent.com/

Vick

Bill_1856
20-Dec-2007, 18:23
Leave it alone, and get someone who knows what they are doing to do the work for you. Richard Ritter is just across the border in NH, and you can't do better than him for LF work. Or you can take out a second mortgage and send it to Marflex.

Brian Ellis
20-Dec-2007, 22:39
I installed a Maxwell screen on my Master Technika without any special tools. You just need a screwdriver with a small flat end.

John Schneider
21-Dec-2007, 11:03
I've done all these things and they aren't difficult. You do need to work carefully, and keep track of all the little parts and put them back in the right order (esp. for the GG). I do fine that a proper set of jeweler's screwdrivers makes things easier. Look at mcmaster.com, set 52985A22. For $21 it's money well spent.