PDA

View Full Version : New work from Mexico on my site!

claudiocambon
18-Dec-2007, 18:27
Weeks before we go off again for 2 months, here finally are the fruits of the 3 months spent there earlier this year in Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and Veracruz, or at least a rough edit, subject to a few additions and removals. It's almost all with the Technika. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

www.claudiocambon.com/mexico

I gladly also plug my site designer, Daniel Hopkins, who I think always does the flash just right; email me, and I'll be happy to pass his info along.

Ed Richards
18-Dec-2007, 18:31
Great images and a wonderful presentation! Is it a custom site, or does your designer use a standard map package?

Frank Petronio
18-Dec-2007, 18:32
wow super presentation and subjects... well done!

Jim Galli
18-Dec-2007, 19:55
My fantasy is to get in my original '39 Ford pickup grab a couple of cameras and rattle off to Oaxaca............

Your photos are wonderful, thank you for the trip!

Mark Sampson
19-Dec-2007, 05:34
Superb work. Congratulations!

vinny
19-Dec-2007, 12:29
Nice work on the Mexico stuff and the rest of your site as well.
vinny

Frank Petronio
19-Dec-2007, 12:30
Are the new pix from your Xenotar or the Sironar-S?

claudiocambon
19-Dec-2007, 12:49
The Xenotar. These are also quick and dirty scans on the 4990 with a Betterscanning holder.

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Ken Lee
19-Dec-2007, 14:32
Claudio - Those photos bring back fond memories. The Flash artistry contributes to the feeling of making a long journey, as I did years ago.

Too bad you can't place some tortillas Oaxacenas frescas on your site. I miss those too !

Photojeep
19-Dec-2007, 14:37
Claudio,
Your images really convey the quiet dignity of these people and places.

Very fine work. Thank you for sharing them. I also love the presentation on the site. This is the first time I have seen flash used to actually enhance the viewing experience rather than just showing off.

Hats off to you and your site designer!

Best,
RB

David Spivak-Focus Magazine
19-Dec-2007, 14:47
Beautiful work. Love the website. You should get published one of these days!

Jan Pedersen
19-Dec-2007, 15:10
Very nice work and presentation. Oaxaca is a very interesting region and there's thousands of photos to be taken. I spend 9 days close to Tehuantepec Isthmus in 99 and would love to go back again

sanking
20-Dec-2007, 20:42
Weeks before we go off again for 2 months, here finally are the fruits of the 3 months spent there earlier this year in Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and Veracruz, or at least a rough edit, subject to a few additions and removals. It's almost all with the Technika. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

www.claudiocambon.com/mexico

I gladly also plug my site designer, Daniel Hopkins, who I think always does the flash just right; email me, and I'll be happy to pass his info along.

Beautiful work.

Let me remark that I know Oaxaca well, having spent two or three weeks there every year for the past six or seven years. I think your work captures the color and artistic creativity of the people of Oaxaca. When I went there for the first time I was blown away by the fantastic color that one sees almost everywhere. And creativity runs through the blood and soul of the population. One of my friends there, a native zapotec woman, once commented to me, "we (she meant zapotecs) are not pretty people, but art runs through our blood."

My wife, who had been going to Oaxaca for many years on her own before I finally accompanied her, commented to me before my first trip, "don't plan on doing that B&W work that you like so much in Oaxaca, because the color is just too extraordinary to ignore." She was right, and it took me several trips before I found a way to find my B&W world there.

I am going back soon to Oaxaca for a visit of a few weeks. Your photography makes me want to be there now.

Sandy King