PDA

View Full Version : Badger Graphic Arca Swiss Accessory Item-Anyone know what it includes?

audioexcels
15-Dec-2007, 19:57
I'm looking at this right now:

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2049

The photo shows a front/rear/bellows/back w/fresnel. Description doesn't say anything about the front standard? Does anyone know if it comes with the front standard?

Thanks

Capocheny
16-Dec-2007, 00:41

The photo shows a front/rear/bellows/back w/fresnel. Description doesn't say anything about the front standard? Does anyone know if it comes with the front standard?

Thanks

Hi AE,

Firstly, congratulations on the purchase of your new A/S... I'm sure you're going to love using it!

As for your question... I'd suggest you send an email to Jim (Jim@mpex.com) and ask him all your questions. He's really a decent fellow to deal with and will respond back in a reasonable time with an appropriate answer.

Have you done much shooting with your camera yet?

Cheers

PS: Yup, we watched your Sharks run over the Canucks... until the tears started to cloud the picture and I left to do something else! I don't know why it is that they can't get their butts in gear! Sadly, it's like watching paint dry! :<0

audioexcels
16-Dec-2007, 01:35
Hi AE,

Firstly, congratulations on the purchase of your new A/S... I'm sure you're going to love using it!

As for your question... I'd suggest you send an email to Jim (Jim@mpex.com) and ask him all your questions. He's really a decent fellow to deal with and will respond back in a reasonable time with an appropriate answer.

Have you done much shooting with your camera yet?

Cheers

PS: Yup, we watched your Sharks run over the Canucks... until the tears started to cloud the picture and I left to do something else! I don't know why it is that they can't get their butts in gear! Sadly, it's like watching paint dry! :<0

Thanks,

I sent him over a note to see what it's all about. No shooting just yet. I can't even figure out how to unlatch the levers of the telescoping tripod. They seem totally stuck!

Canucks are actually a much better team than I thought. Beginning of the year was far worst, but without Luongo, it's tough right now.

They did get within 1 goal by getting two quick ones, but suddenly the rest was finished off including the Joe T breakaway;). I simply loved Milan and Marleau's goals because both have not done this all year long. They both did exactly the same thing by skating around the defense and going hard on the goaltender. No goaltender is going to stop this kind of fast rushing roof it upstairs type of shot, but man the Canuck D was so beaten by both of them...as if they hadn't learned the first time around from Milans goal which I feel was a tad more wicked spotting the absolute furthest corner of the net.

I think the Nucks make playoffs this year especially if they get their asset Luongo back...he's the Defense really;)

Capocheny
16-Dec-2007, 01:45
Hi AE,

Just play with your new camera until you get use to the locks, swings and tilts, and the camera "in general."

It won't take you long to get use to it. Also, you don't need to really tighten the knobs down hard... until they're "just" tight. :)

I agree... Luongo has to return to the lineup (and he will) sooner or later. Once he gets going... he's an incredible goal tender. Last years losses at the end weren't his fault. The team has to be more than just about one player... the rest of the team has to get in there and support his efforts as much as he needs to be behind the team when they let one slip by their defense.

Cheers

John Schneider
16-Dec-2007, 01:55
If you're looking at the Badger website, why not call Badger rather than Mpex? Jim is certainly a great guy, but I'd hate to waste his time if I'm looking to purchase from elsewhere, especially when the crew at Badger is knowledgeable as well.

Capocheny
16-Dec-2007, 02:09
If you're looking at the Badger website, why not call Badger rather than Mpex? Jim is certainly a great guy, but I'd hate to waste his time if I'm looking to purchase from elsewhere, especially when the crew at Badger is knowledgeable as well.

John,

You're absolutely right... came home from a holiday party and had a few glases of great Champagne. That'll screw up my ability to read names ANY day of the week! :)

So, AE... contact Jeff at www.badgergraphic.com

Thanks for the correction John. :)

Cheers

audioexcels
16-Dec-2007, 03:01
Hi AE,

Just play with your new camera until you get use to the locks, swings and tilts, and the camera "in general."

It won't take you long to get use to it. Also, you don't need to really tighten the knobs down hard... until they're "just" tight. :)

I agree... Luongo has to return to the lineup (and he will) sooner or later. Once he gets going... he's an incredible goal tender. Last years losses at the end weren't his fault. The team has to be more than just about one player... the rest of the team has to get in there and support his efforts as much as he needs to be behind the team when they let one slip by their defense.

Cheers

Have a look at the standings right now and look closely at the games the teams have and do not have in hand. Every single team in the West w/exception of the Kings, and if the three that have 3-4 games in hand on the others win at least two of their next game 3-4 games will be in a massive 6 way tie for the 8th spot. If those teams with games in hand with 3-4, they will take over a spot in the top 8. I have not been watching hockey as long as you have so maybe you can chime in on whether or not you have ever seen such an occurance in the history of hockey with every single team w/exception of the Kings and "maybe" the Capitals in the East being a matter of a couple of games out of a playoff spot. It's really something else.

I think the West will come out again this year unless a big and nasty team from the East makes it through. Ottawa looks hot as always, but I don't think they can handle a brutal type team from the West because every team that would be considered possible contenders has physicality and talent, something these magic wonders in the Flames and then Oilers never really had (they had guys spark at the right time, but really no big names like all the names on the Jerseys of Tampa and then Carolina). Last year all the names were on the Sens, but they were spanked upside down by a team that gave them nothing and absolutely dominated them. I don't see why the Sens will be able to get it done with the exact same team as they had last year. The top line gets shut down by the opposition's top line, the second line gets shut down by the oppositions second line, and then what does Ottawa have for scoring?

Cheers to a very interesting season so far;)!

Capocheny
16-Dec-2007, 04:30
Have a look at the standings right now and look closely at the games the teams have and do not have in hand. Every single team in the West w/exception of the Kings, and if the three that have 3-4 games in hand on the others win at least two of their next game 3-4 games will be in a massive 6 way tie for the 8th spot. If those teams with games in hand with 3-4, they will take over a spot in the top 8. I have not been watching hockey as long as you have so maybe you can chime in on whether or not you have ever seen such an occurance in the history of hockey with every single team w/exception of the Kings and "maybe" the Capitals in the East being a matter of a couple of games out of a playoff spot. It's really something else.

I think the West will come out again this year unless a big and nasty team from the East makes it through. Ottawa looks hot as always, but I don't think they can handle a brutal type team from the West because every team that would be considered possible contenders has physicality and talent, something these magic wonders in the Flames and then Oilers never really had (they had guys spark at the right time, but really no big names like all the names on the Jerseys of Tampa and then Carolina). Last year all the names were on the Sens, but they were spanked upside down by a team that gave them nothing and absolutely dominated them. I don't see why the Sens will be able to get it done with the exact same team as they had last year. The top line gets shut down by the opposition's top line, the second line gets shut down by the oppositions second line, and then what does Ottawa have for scoring?

Cheers to a very interesting season so far;)!

Hi AE,

Time will surely tell... we're just starting on the journey to the Stanley Cup and the road ahead is fraught with ups and downs. :)

Cheers

evan clarke
16-Dec-2007, 05:07

Thanks

You should call Rod Klukas at Photomark in Phoenix. I am a long time Arca user and the guy who knows the most is Rod, he is also probably the only one who may have the items in stock or be able to get them in reasonable time. Even in these times, Arcas are in fairly short supply...EC

John Schneider
16-Dec-2007, 11:05
Of course, Rod should *always* be the first person to call about anything Arca. I seldom think to call him, because I can just drive down there. But call him you should: 602-244-1133 x3; he's out to lunch from 11-noon.

Besides just equipment, Rod has been a great help to me in everything LF. Despite having a Technikardan, my LF experience never really got started until I moved to Phx.