PDA

View Full Version : 10x8 retailer in Ireland or the UK

Eamonn Doyle
13-Dec-2007, 13:41
Hi..
Would anyone have any ideas as to where would be the best place to buy a 10x8 camera in Ireland or the UK.
Thanks in advance...
Eamonn / Dublin

Aender Brepsom
13-Dec-2007, 13:48
Welcome to the forum, Eamonn.

Try Robert White: http://www.robertwhite.co.uk

Their service is excellent.

Eamonn Doyle
13-Dec-2007, 15:33
Thanks a million for that Aender !
Eamonn

Henry Suryo
14-Dec-2007, 07:42
Hi, Eamonn. Welcome.
For second hand equipment, you could try Teamwork in London or MrCad in Croydon just south of London. If you google them, they also have a website. Hope this helps.
Henry

Ash
14-Dec-2007, 09:11
I've bought from MrCad, best to call them and have them email you photo's and info after you've chatted as their site isn't updated often enough for the stock rotation. Great place to buy though :)

MW Classic is slow and not THAT reliable but is often cheap.

Try also Ffordes, or Robert White, and I believe there is....MXV is it? Not bought from any of these three though.

Phil Hudson
14-Dec-2007, 09:25
Another vote for Mr Cad - they have excellent LF knowledge and lots of surprising stuff in stock.....I was there recently and saw at least a couple of 10x8's.

Phil

dwhistance
14-Dec-2007, 10:20
Try also Linhof & Studio. Paula sells Linhof, Lotus and Shen Hao.

David Whistance

Keith Tapscott.
14-Dec-2007, 11:51
Hi..
Would anyone have any ideas as to where would be the best place to buy a 10x8 camera in Ireland or the UK.
Thanks in advance...
Eamonn / DublinHello Eamonn,
For what it`s worth, I have recently bought a Sinar Norma outfit from Mr Cad in Croydon, Surrey. This came with 4x5 and 8x10 rear standards, bellows and extension bellows for 4x5 and bellows for 8x10, so effectively I have two formats for my money.
If you are happy to buy secondhand Cameras, give them a call or browse their site.
I also bought from them a Nikon 240mm f/5.6 Nikkor-W lens and two Fidelity 8x10 double dark slides. I haven`t used it yet though.

www.mrcad.co.uk

Eamonn Doyle
18-Dec-2007, 19:10
Thanks a million again everyone.. ! Loads of help there.
Eamonn