PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technikardan servicing

Tachi
11-Dec-2007, 11:02
I had the opportunity of sending in my camera for routine servicing during my business trip to Munich. The service technician did a wonderful job and had retighten the lever for the rear standard rise/fall.

Besides that, he also gave me some tips on how to pack the camera for trasport.
He recommends a foam to be sandwich between the two standards during transportation, as everybody knows that the standard bellow is very brittle and the edges. All in all, the charges is just over Euro100, as my camera just needs a routine check and alignment without any part change.

Lastly, I was also given some new catalogues, showing the latest Master Technika 3000 and some digital back adapter.

2 thumbs up for an old but not forgiven brand!!

Richard Wall
11-Dec-2007, 13:21
I had the opportunity of sending in my camera for routine servicing during my business trip to Munich. The service technician did a wonderful job and had retighten the lever for the rear standard rise/fall.

Besides that, he also gave me some tips on how to pack the camera for trasport.
He recommends a foam to be sandwich between the two standards during transportation, as everybody knows that the standard bellow is very brittle and the edges. All in all, the charges is just over Euro100, as my camera just needs a routine check and alignment without any part change.

Lastly, I was also given some new catalogues, showing the latest Master Technika 3000 and some digital back adapter.

2 thumbs up for an old but not forgiven brand!!

Thanks for the info/tips. I have the same camera. How long did the service take? I don't go to Germany often, but when I do it's usually for a couple of weeks.
I got mine about 10 years ago and it should probably be serviced. Nothing wrong with it, but I would like to keep it that way.

r.

Tachi
11-Dec-2007, 13:53
The turn around time was pretty fast, within 3 working days. But before I go to Munich, I wrote them an email and was given the service technician phone number. Their charges is Euro 80 per hour.

Tachi..