PDA

View Full Version : CPP2 jobo. drum combatibility ?

eddie
8-Dec-2007, 13:52
hello,
i just got a CPP2 jobo processor (i waited a long time for this ) i have a bit of a problem.
it has no lift and a magnet drive system. it came with one 4521 and three 4541 drums and on that has lost its lable but the diameter is between the two. i would guess a 4531? i also have some 2500 series drums (2551 as well as an expert drum) that i got with a previous darkroom purchase.
short of buying a lift is there any way to use my 2551 drum? it has a cog lid. with what i have how do i go about processing 35mm, 120, 4x5 and 8x10? can i make it work somehow? if not what should i do?
i have been dying to process my own E6. i have everything now except the knowledge on how to make what i have work.....if possible. i really want to process my own 4x5 and 8x10 first and then the 120.

thanks

eddie

Oren Grad
9-Dec-2007, 10:46
I'd strongly advise you to save up and get a Lift when you can. The 3000-series Expert drums require it. Some of the smaller tanks come with or can be fitted with the proper lids for the magnet drive, but the process of changing chemicals with the magnet drive is not for the fumble-fingered (like me :o). You can read the instructions here (http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/instructions/instructions_manual_cpa-2_cpp-2_06.htm), especially steps 9 and 10 - take a look and see whether you really want to be doing that.