PDA

View Full Version : Kodak quick load holder/s

Raymond Bleesz
23-Nov-2000, 11:16
I am aware Fuji's loader has merits, however, I need clarification re: Kodak's h older/s. Correct me please if I error. Kodak had a 2 sided holder which has bee n discontinued in favor of a one side (one sheet of film) holder, model number ? ??????. What was Kodak's thinking re: this??? I also understand numerous new fil ms are now available for the above, and perhaps future films will be available.

What are the merits of the new Kodak holder???? Is the new holder reliable and have the kinks been worked out? Are the kodak films compatible with the Polaroid "545" film holder? What is the difference between the "545" & "545i" holders? And finally, if one has a Polaroid "545 film holder",is Either a Kodak or Fuji h older necessary?????????? assuming one would be using perhaps both types of fil m.

Sal Santamaura
23-Nov-2000, 11:57
And the most important question of all: has Kodak corrected the design so that emulsion position is correct everywhere, not pushed away from the lens at the extended envelope end?

Glenn Kroeger
23-Nov-2000, 12:23
Raymond: Go to Kodak's web site for more info... but they are NOT introducing a new holder "at this time". The new single-load packets work in the existing ReadyLoad holder, the Fuji QuickLoad holder and the Polariod 545 holders.

Brian Ellis
24-Nov-2000, 11:00
The new single packets may very well work in the old holders but I understood that Kodak was also offering a new holder, specifically designed for the new packets, to be in stores early next spring. The presumed advantage of the new holder/packet system is that it hopefully will remedy the problems with the existing system, which many people found to be unreliable (light leaks, metal clip at bottom of packets falling off or remaining in the holder when the film was pulled, film not staying in the holder when envelope was pulled up so that no photograph was made, etc.) Until the new packets/holder are actually in use, however, who knows whether this in fact will be the case or not. One of the problems for some of us with the new system is that as of now there is no black and white film offered in the new packets.

Kodak has maintained that the old double packets can be used in the Polaroid holders - instructions for doing so were included with the film. While some people have done this successfully, more people seem to have encountered problems (light leaks mainly) when trying it. Therefore, I personally don't think it's a good idea to use Kodak Readyloads in the Polaroid holder.

There isn't a great deal of difference between the 545 and 545i holders, AFAIK it's mainly in the materials used. The 545i has more plastic, less metal, so they're probably a little lighter, but I think they're basically identical holders. Of course both have now been superceded by the new version (don't have model number handy) that Polaroid recently announced.