PDA

View Full Version : My experience with gandolfi 5x7

Jules Hancock
24-Nov-2000, 14:21
Ok, everyone knows how this goes. You finally give in to the urge to do LF, and then the search is on. I wanted to do contact prints and it seemed 4x5 were sm all so then thought of 8x10, well I'm not large or the strongest woman I know, a nd there isn't much chance of that changing, so I hit on the idea of 5x7. I sea rched ebay and lost a # of bids, searched all over the internet for used b&j and korona,listened to what everyone had to say about potential camera stores, even considered buying tachihara new, but called badgergraphic last week and they ha d a used older gandolfi 5x7. Wow!!! Was I excited. It arrived a few days late r and right off the whole thing just felt right. The movements are easy and wor k beautifully and feels like it belongs in my hands. Just wanted to share. Tha nks

Christian Nze
24-Nov-2000, 16:58
hello julie

I totally agree with you. I also have a gandolfi camera (half plate) and it is a really nice one. really light and beutiful made.

regards.

james mickelson
24-Nov-2000, 18:36
Yeah. I have a 4x5 Varient and really like it. A little heavey but that helps in a wind so what the hey. Happy shooting. James