PDA

View Full Version : How to add a picture illustrating a posting?

Bill_1856
3-Dec-2007, 13:32
How are it done? Like, for example, the thumbnails on "Show me your camera bag" thread.

Rob Champagne
3-Dec-2007, 13:44
two options:

You either upload the image to your own webspace and then a put a link to it in your post here or

when you write your post here, you click on the paper clip icon and that opens up the dialogue to upload your image to the LFPF server here. After the image is upload here, then you agin click the the little down arrow next to paper clip to insert the relevant attachment number in your post.

Ash
3-Dec-2007, 13:48
If the image is hosted elsewhere (say, photobucket.com) use url

If the image is hosted here, simply use the upload feature.

otzi
3-Dec-2007, 17:19
I have just 'experimented' with an image upload. After the paper clip there is a table of choices. Question is, from a file on my computer taken with a digital thing, which choice do I make? jpeg ? or what. And the image max size do I do that first before the paper clip or is it done automatically?

Rob Champagne
3-Dec-2007, 17:26
I have just 'experimented' with an image upload. After the paper clip there is a table of choices. Question is, from a file on my computer taken with a digital thing, which choice do I make? jpeg ? or what. And the image max size do I do that first before the paper clip or is it done automatically?

Best to size it before the upload. I don't think it resizes automatically. The list is telling you what is acceptable. Anything not in the list can't be uploaded.

After the upload, position cursor in message where you want the image to appear, then goto the paper clip again and select the image. That puts it into the message.

otzi
3-Dec-2007, 17:27
Further to the last post, how do you write on the picture? Is this a photo shop thing only?

Rob Champagne
3-Dec-2007, 17:28
Further to the last post, how do you write on the picture? Is this a photo shop thing only?

You can't. You must do that before upload. Its only meant to be a simple method for showing images, not an image editing tool.