PDA

View Full Version : C-41 Processing

asphoto
2-Dec-2007, 00:10
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good color lab in NYC? I have tried both C-Lab and L&I. C-Lab gave me dirty negatives, while L&I's were filled with finger prints and scratches.

Any info and recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

IanMazursky
2-Dec-2007, 01:11
Hi,

I use LTI on 30th and park.
My negs are perfect all the time. All of my clients also use them.
There web site is www.ltiny.com
(212) 685-6871
34 East 30th St
New York NY 10016

-ian

asphoto
2-Dec-2007, 23:29
great thanks! i will give em a try.

if anyone has any other labs to try let me know...

thanks

nelson_chan
3-Dec-2007, 17:18
I also use LTI. They are great and very nice. My negs have all come back in great shape with very few traces of finger prints. I found one 4x5 neg today with a chemical stain on it, but I shoot doubles and it was the first I've seen out of this batch of 130 negs they just finished processing. I know that Robert Polidori and Sze Tsung Leong use LTI.

IanMazursky
3-Dec-2007, 17:31
Hi Nelson,

I would stop by with the neg and let them know. It always helps to show them and they can improve the process.
Its strange about the fingerprints. I would let them know. LTI is still better than most of the labs ive used.
One time at another lab that will remain nameless, they tried to convince me that the film they returned to me was mine.
I shot 645 and this was 6x12. They almost got violent about it. Just when i was about to call the manager in, the guy who
they gave my film too came back into the lab to complain.
They somehow managed to switch the twin checks and the envelopes. Go figure.

Delft
5-Dec-2007, 01:34
... My negs have all come back in great shape with very few traces of finger prints...

I don't think that's much of a reccomendation, or am i too demanding?

Greetings,

Dirk

Peter K
5-Dec-2007, 02:39
I don't think that's much of a reccomendation, or am i too demanding?
Also photographers have fingers to print with :D