PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock MTF Charts on the web - anywhere?

Sol Campbell
23-Nov-2000, 18:36
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving,

While Schnieder has MTF charts of all its lenses on both its US and German web s ites, I can't find any MTF charts for Rodenstock lenses anywhere.

Does anyone know where they can be found?

Thanks!

Glenn Kroeger
23-Nov-2000, 21:13
As far as I know, they are not on the web... but HP Marketing can send you hardcopy with MTF curves.

Julio Fernandez
26-Nov-2000, 21:00
Sol: Not on the Web but Rodenstock does publish MTFs for most of their lenses in their literature. Apo Ronar MTFs are shown for one or two Fs in the literature at close range only. These lenses were made especially for repro work and therefore optimized for 1:1. Don't let that scare you. 'Optimized' only means ZERO distortion at 1:1. Based on manufacturers' data, at infinity, the ARs are equal or better in every respect than the best plastmats such as the Apo Sironar, and Apo Symmar, -including distortion, all except for the fact that the ARs have a small image circle. This is not an issue when the lens has a focal length 2X that normal for the format, i.e. 300mm for 4X5 gives ample IC. Rodenstock does say that the ARs are good for other uses, the understatement of the year! You can obtain MTFs and full technical data on any lens directly from R. Remember, you are dealing with Europeans: they are most gracious and helpful but often show little respect for unsolicited e-Mails. If you call them or fax them, they will be happy, I am sure, to comply with your request as they did with mine.

Bob Salomon
27-Nov-2000, 05:59
"You can obtain MTFs and full technical data on any lens directly from R. Remember, you are dealing with Europeans: they are most gracious and helpful but often show little respect for unsolicited e-Mails. If you call them or fax them, they will be happy, I am sure, to comply with your request as they did with mine. "

Mailing brochures internationally is both slow and expensive. For that reason the various factories usually forward such requests to their local distributors for handling and this is much faster.

We are always happy to mail the brochures to anyone in the US and Kindermann is equally happy to mail the to Canadian consumers.

And you don't have to pay for an international phone call. Our number to request literature on our products is 800 735 4373