PDA

View Full Version : Packard shutter/filter holder

Jim Fitzgerald
25-Nov-2007, 10:48
First off I have to thank Tri Tran for the idea for this. We met at the Chamonix shootout at the Disney concert hall. We got to talking about Packards and he told me of his adjustable flange for his Packard and also that it held filters. He was nice enough to e-mail me some pictures and after he answered some of my questions I came up with my own style. Tri told me what to buy. Being the impatient cheap bastard that I am I decided to make mine out of walnut. I've attached some photos of it and it works great. I'm going to Lowes this AM. to get the T-nuts that I can screw in because the ones I have now pull out when you tighten it down. Tri is going to e-mail me a satin cover design for the back of the lens/board to cover it up when using smaller diameter lenses. It is very easy to make. Tri, thanks again for a great day and many wonderful ideas.

Jim

Hugo Zhang
25-Nov-2007, 11:03
Very nice! I like the way the four screws are used. You can use this shutter on barrel lenses of different front diameters.

rknewcomb
25-Nov-2007, 11:12
Great job! I'd love to see what you mean by a satin cover design. Please share when you're ready.
thanks!
"Tri is going to e-mail me a satin cover design for the back of the lens/board to cover it up when using smaller diameter lenses. It is very easy to make."

Jim Fitzgerald
25-Nov-2007, 11:45
I think the satin cover sounds to me like a tube with elastic at the front and back to hold it tight. He said he put a zipper in it for ease of use. Maybe the size of the lens board at the front and the smaller lens diameter at the back. I'll let you know.

Jim