PDA

View Full Version : Good West Coast Lab For Film Processing (E6 / BW)...

Scott Rosenberg
19-Nov-2007, 21:12
hey guys,

any suggestions for a good lab in the northwest? since photocraft in portland closed, i've been unsing photocraft in Denver but do not wish to continue working with them.

thanks for any suggestions...

Alan Davenport
19-Nov-2007, 21:17
Photo Vision in Salem. http://www.photovsn.com

Their website is pretty sparse, but I've been pleased with the service I've gotten over many years.

roteague
19-Nov-2007, 21:27
Calypso Imaging in Santa Cruz, CA, or West Coast Imaging (Yosemite Nat'l Park area - printing only).

Scott Rosenberg
19-Nov-2007, 21:50
sorry guys, i should have specified i'm looking for a lab to process film... E6 and B&W.

WCI does all my printing and i am extremely satisfied with the work they do.

Shailendra
19-Nov-2007, 22:05
Calypso Imaging in Santa Cruz, CA, or West Coast Imaging (Yosemite Nat'l Park area - printing only).

Either one of these is good!

roteague
19-Nov-2007, 22:11
sorry guys, i should have specified i'm looking for a lab to process film... E6 and B&W.

WCI does all my printing and i am extremely satisfied with the work they do.

Good to hear that. I was first introduced to WCI through the work of Jack Dykinga. Their work is excellent -- and to think, some here call them just "lab" prints.

jetcode
19-Nov-2007, 22:51
hey guys,

any suggestions for a good lab in the northwest? since photocraft in portland closed, i've been unsing photocraft in Denver but do not wish to continue working with them.

thanks for any suggestions...

newlab - S.F.
http://www.newlab.com/

these folks were Galen Rowell's top choice for many many years.

along with Calypso is Bay Photo in Santa Cruz, they have processed 8x10 color for me in the past.

Rob Vinnedge
19-Nov-2007, 22:52
www.ivey.com in Seattle.

Kirk Keyes
20-Nov-2007, 13:58
Scott - have you tried Citizen's Photo on SE 7th? They have a Refrema Dip'n'dunk - a smaller one than PhotoCraft but still a Refrema. I ran some through there last month and it looked good and the price was pretty good, about $1.60/4x5 or so. And no shipping hassle.

Jan Pedersen
20-Nov-2007, 14:09
Agree with Kirk. Don't do much color but have had some E6 and C41 processed at Citizen's and it is as good as what Photo Craft did.

Gary L. Quay
20-Nov-2007, 15:00
I've been having Citizen's Photo do most of my color processing for the last 16 years, and I've never had any trouble. I think Blue Moon Camera and Machine on N. Lombard St. does color processing.

--Gary

PViapiano
20-Nov-2007, 17:03
Once again, Calypso did a great job for me on my latest Hawaii transparencies. I mailed them the exposed film from the field, and they sent the processed sheets to my home quickly...

steve simmons
20-Nov-2007, 17:31
For black and white try Cox Lab is Rancho Cordova, CA (a burb of Sacramento).

steve simmons

Alan Davenport
20-Nov-2007, 17:46
i should have specified i'm looking for a lab to process film... E6 and B&W.

...and I should have specified that Photo Vision only does E6 and C41 in house.

tgtaylor
20-Nov-2007, 23:23
For B&W, and only B&W, I found Gamma in San Francisco excellent:
www.gammasf.com

Nice folks too!