PDA

View Full Version : wiring a 7 pin plug

goldienick
15-Nov-2007, 02:55
Does anyone have any idea how to wire a 7pin plug from the enlarger head (Durst CLS450) into the transformer? My 5x4 enlarger is a Durst L1000. I have looked and looked online for information but cannot find anything useful.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Nick.

Donald Miller
15-Nov-2007, 07:40
If I were in your situation, I would contact Jens Jensen in Hillsboro Oregon. If for some reason that is impossible for you, I would determine the output(s) of the transformer and trace the circuits at the enlarger. Typically one leg of the control voltage will be common to all circuits and the other leg will be the switched leg.

Tony Lakin
15-Nov-2007, 09:01
Hi
I have a CLS450 on a Durst L1000 unfortunately it has been wired to a Rayco transformer/timer unit, if you think it might help I can send a digital photo of the wiring in the plug, please let me know.

goldienick
15-Nov-2007, 17:23
Tony, Thanks for your reply. What luck! Yeah, if you wouldn't mind then that'd be fantastic. My setup is exactly the same as yours (ie L1000 with CLS450 with a Rayco timer/transformer. So just as long as the picture is clear enough it's a winner!) I assume you can send the attachment to this site but if not then let me know and I'll let you know an email address to send it to.

Many thanks indeed.

Nick.

Tony Lakin
16-Nov-2007, 13:34
Tony, Thanks for your reply. What luck! Yeah, if you wouldn't mind then that'd be fantastic. My setup is exactly the same as yours (ie L1000 with CLS450 with a Rayco timer/transformer. So just as long as the picture is clear enough it's a winner!) I assume you can send the attachment to this site but if not then let me know and I'll let you know an email address to send it to.

Many thanks indeed.

Nick.

Hi Nick
See attached photos, just digital snaps with on camera flash if you need better photos or description let me know.
Regards
Tony

goldienick
16-Nov-2007, 15:02
Tony,

Thanks very much for the photos. It's now wired correctly but the damn thing doesn't work! I'm going to have to send the transformer off to be serviced... Thank you very much again for your help
Nick.

Tony Lakin
17-Nov-2007, 10:28
Hi Nick
I assume you are aware of the fuse in the back of the transformer, worth a try:confused:
Regards
Tony