PDA

View Full Version : LF lens advice for, uh, 'organic pictures'

janepaints
14-Nov-2007, 12:21
Q: Why did Johann Sebastian Bach father so many children?
A.: Because his organ had no stops.

http://www.theatreorgans.com/southerncross/Journal/photography.htm

typical excerpt: "The study of organs and photography are only hobbies of mine, - and probably that accounts for my great enthusiasm !"

Nothing like a good hobby to get a body going. :)

wfwhitaker
14-Nov-2007, 12:58
That's hilarious! What's even funnier is that it was written in 1924, but reads like something written on this forum today. At least, the lenses sure sound familiar!

janepaints
14-Nov-2007, 13:31
That's hilarious! What's even funnier is that it was written in 1924, but reads like something written on this forum today. At least, the lenses sure sound familiar!

Another gem of advice: "Unless the right kind of outfit is obtained, there certainly will be scores of organs that will be too difficult to take. Extreme rise and fall of front is of utmost importance. As with most hobbies, money plays its part."

Yes, many a gal can testify that the right kinda outfit can attract fellers, and often they're pricey--the outfits I mean. Money does indeed 'play it's part,' even regarding all that front rising business.

Further along in the text, didja catch the author's cautions about use of flash powder in 'cramped situations'? That new hi-tech magnesium came along just in time!!! Reading twixt the lines, it seems he might've started a blaze in Westminster Cathedral once upon a time, whilst, uh, shooting organs! Hot, hot hot.

Hee Hee. Upon encountering this tome it took about an hour for my stomach to recover from the Too Much Laughter aches. Sound lens advice, tho--Protars DO take the cake.