PDA

View Full Version : I just received news, Jack Deardorff

Dave Parker
13-Nov-2007, 11:55
I just received a note that Jack Deardorff has passed away and his funeral was Yesterday. If I get anymore information, I will be sure to post it.

Dave Parker

Eric Woodbury
13-Nov-2007, 13:24
I love the camera I got from him and all the fun conversations we had. RIP.

evan clarke
13-Nov-2007, 13:57
So sorry to hear this. I met Jack a few times and he was friendly, witty and entertaining. I have a digital pic somewhere from a Chicago Camera Collectors meeting that shows Jack stretching a 20x24 Deardorff bellows. The 24" end was on the floor, held by his feet, the 20" end is over his head!!..EC

John Kasaian
13-Nov-2007, 15:33
Sad. Very sad indeed. My sympathy to his family.

Ed K.
13-Nov-2007, 21:55
So sorry to hear about this, and my sympathy and well wishes to his family. He was very kind over the phone, and he sent me perfect lens boards for my older L. Deardorff camera. RIP Jack, I hope that your view is heavenly.

E. von Hoegh
20-Jul-2008, 15:39
I am fortunate to own Deardorff V8 # 553.

I spoke with Jack several times via telephone; he was a brilliant, kind man. He was always helpful (as in digging up an original nickeled brass knob when I restored my V8)

and was always a real pleasure to talk with. The world has too few folks like Jack Deardorff.

I knew of his death, but just found this thread.

davidpz
24-Apr-2009, 11:31
I'd owned a 10x8 with reduction back for quite a while. After a few years I decided I needed a 5x4 & had quite a few long distance conversations with Jack (I'm based in London). Really helpful & delightful to speak to. Sadly, I never met him in person but, I've had some great times taking pictures with his cameras.

Deane Johnson
24-Apr-2009, 14:33
I had some help from Merle a number of years ago. Was he Jack's father?