PDA

View Full Version : A/S F-Metric Format Frame on F-Classic Function Carrier

Larry Menzin
12-Nov-2007, 12:38
Will an A/S F-Metric format frame physically mount to an F-Classic function carrier?

I currently have F-Classic cameras (both 5x9 and 4x5) and would like geared rise on the front format frame, but don't need geared side shift. My thought would be to purchase an F-Metric front frame and mount it to my F-Classic function carrier. Would that work?

Kerry L. Thalmann
12-Nov-2007, 16:19
Will an A/S F-Metric format frame physically mount to an F-Classic function carrier?

I currently have F-Classic cameras (both 5x9 and 4x5) and would like geared rise on the front format frame, but don't need geared side shift. My thought would be to purchase an F-Metric front frame and mount it to my F-Classic function carrier. Would that work?

Yes, it will. I have an F-Line Classic that I use for both 4x5 and with my own custom 4x10 conversion kit. I used to use the standard F-Line 110mm format frame on the front standard. About a year and a half ago, I upgraded to a 110mm F-Metric front format frame with micrometric Orbix. That gives me both self-arresting geared front rise and self-arresting geared axis tilt on the front standard. I love it. It makes adjusting the front standard with one hand a piece of cake. This is especially handy when louping the ground glass while simultaneously adjusting the front tilt.

Kerry