PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon W 135/5.6 single coating

dominikus bw
9-Nov-2007, 19:15
Hi everyone...
Does anyone had experience or stories about Fujinon W 135/5.6 single coating? It's light weight lens and takes 46mm filter.
Thx for any inputs.

David Karp
9-Nov-2007, 19:20
I have a Fujinon W 180mm f/5.6 single coated that I like. Jim Galli has mentioned on this forum previously that he has the single coated 125mm version, and that it is his favorite 4x5 lens. I have not tried the 135mm version, but my guess is that the 135mm will be like the other lenses in the series.

Gary Tarbert
9-Nov-2007, 20:30
Hi Dominikus,I have the 150f6.3 it is a tremendous little lens.cheers Gary

dominikus bw
9-Nov-2007, 20:56
David and Gary, thx for your wise words.
I've heard Fujinon lens reputation and is good as other brands but I've never try by my self before. I wanna look for something wider than my Symmar-S 150 and I wanna looking ideal focal lenght to match with my Symmar-S 210.
Since you're use single coating lens, how you handling it in the field againts flare or ghosting?

Bob Y
9-Nov-2007, 21:02
Hi everyone...
Does anyone had experience or stories about Fujinon W 135/5.6 single coating? It's light weight lens and takes 46mm filter.
Thx for any inputs.

I have one of these in a Seiko shutter. It is my most used lens because of its practical focal length and compact size (will fold up into my Wista SP). Mine looks like it went through the war, but it produces wonderfully sharp images. Initially I was concerned that it looked "well used". Now I only worry that I use it well.

Gary Tarbert
9-Nov-2007, 22:11
Since you're use single coating lens, how you handling it in the field againts flare or ghosting?[/QUOTE]Havn't had a problem with flare or ghosting ,I shoot early morning a lot!
I have just done 2 enlargements At 30x40 inches off trannys taken with my 150mm
they were tack sharp very impressive!!cheers Gary

Nick_3536
9-Nov-2007, 22:45
I have the 150mm F/5.6. The thing is tiny and covers the world. One of these days I'm going to remember to expose an 8x10 sheet with it to check how bad/good the corners are.

Nick_3536
9-Nov-2007, 22:58
I have the 150mm F/5.6. The thing is tiny and covers the world. One of these days I'm going to remember to expose an 8x10 sheet with it to check how bad/good the corners are.

Tudor Vreme
12-Nov-2007, 07:06
I work with 2 Fujinon lenses, Fujinon SWS 8/120 and Fujinon W 5.6/210. At the 120 mm I have also a Schneider Kreutznach S-A 8/121, so I could try them both. Schneider is more contrast, Fujinon is more senzitive and rich in colors details. In some cases ( architecture ) is better the Schneider, but in landscape Fujinon is my favorite.
Finally I had to sell one of them - Fujinon is the one that I still work with. Even if it has a Seiko shutter, which I dont like, and after cleaning is not like my other copals.

About 210 Fujinon W - it is one of the best lens I have ( and I own 8 lenses ), it is the most rich and accurate in colors details ( sory for my english, I'm not a native speaker). It is one of my first lens, and is one of my favorite.

Hope that helps, I shall like to have all my lenses Fujinons, but in Romania are very hard to find.

Tudor Vreme
12-Nov-2007, 07:27
One of the best person that can give a lot of references to that lens is Kerry Thalmann at www.thalmann.com. You will find a lot of information about your lens.

dominikus bw
16-Nov-2007, 00:32
I have one of these in a Seiko shutter. It is my most used lens because of its practical focal length and compact size (will fold up into my Wista SP). Mine looks like it went through the war, but it produces wonderfully sharp images. Initially I was concerned that it looked "well used". Now I only worry that I use it well.

Bob, thx for your story. Yes, this lens is very compact in size, I'll try this lens in this weekend.

dominikus bw
16-Nov-2007, 00:37
Since you're use single coating lens, how you handling it in the field againts flare or ghosting?Havn't had a problem with flare or ghosting ,I shoot early morning a lot!
I have just done 2 enlargements At 30x40 inches off trannys taken with my 150mm
they were tack sharp very impressive!!cheers Gary[/QUOTE]

Gary, thx for your explanations.

dominikus bw
16-Nov-2007, 00:46
I work with 2 Fujinon lenses, Fujinon SWS 8/120 and Fujinon W 5.6/210. At the 120 mm I have also a Schneider Kreutznach S-A 8/121, so I could try them both. Schneider is more contrast, Fujinon is more senzitive and rich in colors details. In some cases ( architecture ) is better the Schneider, but in landscape Fujinon is my favorite.
Finally I had to sell one of them - Fujinon is the one that I still work with. Even if it has a Seiko shutter, which I dont like, and after cleaning is not like my other copals.

About 210 Fujinon W - it is one of the best lens I have ( and I own 8 lenses ), it is the most rich and accurate in colors details ( sory for my english, I'm not a native speaker). It is one of my first lens, and is one of my favorite.

Hope that helps, I shall like to have all my lenses Fujinons, but in Romania are very hard to find.

Tudor, thx for share your experience.
Actualy SA 121 or Fujinon SW 120 is my dream lens, but right now I can only try Fujinon W 135.
About SA 121 & Fujinon SWS 120, where is the big difference between SA & Fujinon from your experience?
Thx

John Berry
19-Nov-2007, 00:14
I have three single coated fuji lenses and wouldn't trade them for a multicoated lens. I haven't had flare problems, nor have I had problems of losing the shadows as much as you would with multicoating. Give me single coating anyday.

Gary Tarbert
19-Nov-2007, 00:55
I have three single coated fuji lenses and wouldn't trade them for a multicoated lens. I haven't had flare problems, nor have I had problems of losing the shadows as much as you would with multicoating. Give me single coating anyday.Bingo!! thats one of the things i love about my little fuji 150 the colours are great & the shadow detail is first class.cheers gary