PDA

View Full Version : source of Copal #2 shutter or equiv.

Darren Kruger
3-Nov-2007, 14:59
I recently purchased a Meyer weitwinkel aristostigmat 160mm in barrel and I am looking for what type options I have to get it into a shutter. The threads for the lens elements fit my symmar convertable 240mm, but it appears that the shutter is to think compared to the barrel. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was another shutter the same size as the one for my Symmar that I should be on the lookout for for my Meyer lens or what other lenses I might see for sale on the web for cheap with a shutter that will work or could be made to work.

-Darren

Capocheny
3-Nov-2007, 15:05
Hi Darren,

I'm familiar with a 0, 1, 3, and 3s Copals but not a 2.

You might want to contact www.lensN2shutter.com and ask Tim if he can make some kind of an adapter for your lens. He's mounted 2 of my barrel lenses into shutter and has done a great job of it.

Since there can be a fair amount of machining involved, it's NOT inexpensive though! :)

The other alternative to consider is S.K. Grimes. Check out their website for your lens and see if it's been previously done before.

Cheers

Ole Tjugen
3-Nov-2007, 16:16
Check the thread linked to in my signature - a couple of posts further down are the specifications for the Compur #2 shutter! :)

The Compur 2-X Tube 5/II was the shortest one, so if the WA Aristostigmat requires an even shorter one you may well have to shell out for a custom mount.

Darren Kruger
3-Nov-2007, 19:04
Check the thread linked to in my signature - a couple of posts further down are the specifications for the Compur #2 shutter! :)

The Compur 2-X Tube 5/II was the shortest one, so if the WA Aristostigmat requires an even shorter one you may well have to shell out for a custom mount.

Looks like the Compur #2 is shutter i need. but i'm thinking it might be easier and less expensive to adapt an old shutter with the right thread than to get a new #3 and have the cells fit into it. The copal #2 i have has ~8mm threads for the elements and the Meyer cells only have 4mm of threads.

at least I know what to look for once i get some $$ scrounged up. I know the Symmar 240mm came with that shutter. what other lenses also used that shutter?

-Darren