PDA

View Full Version : B and T shutter settings

ftoth
2-Nov-2007, 17:54
Hello,

I am completely new to LF. Recently purchased a used Sinar F2 with 150mm lens with a Copal shutter. I do not know what the B and T settings are specifically nor how to use them. Is there a place I can go to learn about it ? Books from the local library do not go much into detail about it. Please help me out. Thank you.

Francis

Mark Stahlke
2-Nov-2007, 18:05
B (bulb) holds the shutter open as long as the cable release is pressed.
T (time) opens the shutter the first time you press it and closes the shutter the second time.

seawolf66
3-Nov-2007, 07:29
Get a copy of [ Using the View Camera ] by Steve Simmons , its not expensive but darn good info in it : welcome to the LF world:

Jim Noel
3-Nov-2007, 08:38
"B" (Bulb) is a holdover from the early days of flash when it was necessary to open the shutter, fire the flash and then close the shutter.

Bobby Ironsights
3-Nov-2007, 10:05
Get a copy of [ Using the View Camera ] by Steve Simmons , its not expensive but darn good info in it : welcome to the LF world:

x2

There's a copy of it in "HD's graphics treasure chest" as a online bittorrent.

Beware though, it's a compilation, and most of that is related to using photoshop, so you might spend awhile wading though files you don't want, if you are an analog user.

It's not labeled "using the view camera" It's file name is "largeformatphotography.pdf".

steve simmons
3-Nov-2007, 10:20
??????????????????

Using the View Camera is a book I wrote as an introduction to lf photography. There is not anything about Ps in my book.

Other books I recommend are Jack Dykinga's Large Format Nature Photography and Jim Stone's User's Guide to the View Camera. These are all good intro books and don't talk about PS.

steve simmons
www.viewcamera.com

Anupam
3-Nov-2007, 10:41
Steve, it appears your book is being distributed online as part of a collection in which other books deals with PS.

-Anupam

Anupam
3-Nov-2007, 10:43
Here you go:http://www.mininova.org/det/408141

-Anupam

Capocheny
3-Nov-2007, 15:14
??????????????????

Using the View Camera is a book I wrote as an introduction to lf photography. There is not anything about Ps in my book.

Other books I recommend are Jack Dykinga's Large Format Nature Photography and Jim Stone's User's Guide to the View Camera. These are all good intro books and don't talk about PS.

steve simmons
www.viewcamera.com

Francis,

I'll second Steve's recommendations as well.

Since you're using Sinar... the manufacturers also produce a set of very good books that you should look at. I believe there are 3 or 4 books in the series.

Have fun and welcome to the forum.

Cheers

thedeep
3-Nov-2007, 18:44
Since you're using Sinar... the manufacturers also produce a set of very good books that you should look at. I believe there are 3 or 4 books in the series.

the sinar books are hard to find, and thus fetch a premium these days. Good info though.