PDA

View Full Version : Schneider Componon 210

Paul Giblin
2-Nov-2007, 07:54
Hi,

I have a Schneider Componon enlarging lens (1:5.6 210mm). It came with a Beseler 4x5 enlarger. It is not mounted on a board and it does not fit any of the lens boards I have. Does anyone know off hand what size thread this has?

Thanks,
Paul

David Lindquist
3-Nov-2007, 07:52
Is this the older Componon, the one with the all chrome finish? Circa 1960's Schneider literature I have indicates the mounting thread diameter is 60mm. As for the thread pitch, it's given as (and I quote) "29 1/13 Gg". If anyone can explain this thread pitch description, I'd be interested. This is also the description of the thread pitch on the Compur No. 2 shutter, as well as some of the Compound shutters in some other Schneider literature I have from the 1960's. On the S.K. Grimes website the thread pitch for the No. 2 Compur is given as .9mm. So does "29 1/13 Gg" = a pitch of 0.9mm? I dunno. Hope this helps.
David

Paul Giblin
3-Nov-2007, 07:56
Thanks David, that does help. Yes, it is one of the old chrome ones.

Ole Tjugen
3-Nov-2007, 08:20
It really is 29 1/13 thread per inch, which is a result of using a different thread cutter slope.

It is close enough to 0.9mm that this will work - as long as the mating thread length is small. In other words: Shutter mounting flanges work well, as long as you aren't using long tubular sections. Anything longer than a few mm needs a 0.874mm pitch.