PDA

View Full Version : Reducing back for Seneca View Camera, Improved

rwyoung
2-Nov-2007, 07:40
I'm curious to know how likely it is that a reducing back from another camera might fit the "Seneca View Camera, Improved".

I see a lot of Kodak (of various models) reducing backs go by on eBay but haven't seen many Seneca reducing backs.

I suppose I could build one from a Graflock...

Ernest Purdum
2-Nov-2007, 09:27
I'd say it is very unlikely. It is, however, a rather simple job for all woodworker to make an adapter between a Graflok or spring back frame to any larger camera with a back which is removable.

Another option if your camera is smaller than 8 X 10 is to cut down a larger back to fit.

rwyoung
2-Nov-2007, 11:30
I'd say it is very unlikely. It is, however, a rather simple job for all woodworker to make an adapter between a Graflok or spring back frame to any larger camera with a back which is removable.

Another option if your camera is smaller than 8 X 10 is to cut down a larger back to fit.

This was my assumption but just for the heck-of-it, I thought I'd solicit opinions. Grafloks are pretty easy to come by, if not a bit overpriced on eBay the the Seneca's back has a simple profile, easy to replicate so it fits right.

speanburgarts
6-Nov-2007, 07:30
Remember Kodak purchased many of these other companies such as Century, Seneca, Empire State, therefore there can be some possible crossing of parts in the years after the mergers. I have a Century No.1 and a Seneca Improved, that said I doubt the backs are interchangeable. The Seneca is in storage thus it would be some time before I can confirm yes or no.