PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Commercial Ektar 14" lens question

tylercooney
29-Oct-2007, 16:00
I just started using this lens on an 8x10 camera and am having problems with using a shutter release. It is a self-cocking shutter. The little pokey thing on the end of the cable release doesn't seem to be long enough to push the shutter all the way. I have tried two different releases and neither worked. Any suggestions on a cable release with an exta lng poker?

Glenn Thoreson
29-Oct-2007, 16:04
Long throw cable release - B&H has 'em.

John Kasaian
29-Oct-2007, 17:47
I found Gepes will consistantly trip my Universal shutters.

Miguel Coquis
30-Oct-2007, 03:50
Hello, I've try with different cable release and I finally discover there was something missing or broken in shutter. It was an Ilex #5. Carol chez Flutot's might have replacement parts for this.
Greetings

John Kasaian
30-Oct-2007, 07:33
Hello, I've try with different cable release and I finally discover there was something missing or broken in shutter. It was an Ilex #5. Carol chez Flutot's might have replacement parts for this.
Greetings

Good point! The part the poker thingy trips can migrate when worn and will require work to get things back to normal----but on #5 Universals "normal" still requires a long throw cable release to fire these critters.

Jim Noel
30-Oct-2007, 08:45
I would certainly try a long throw cable release before investigating repair. That is the most likely culprit. I have several Universal shutters, and have had others. I have never owned one needing the repair indicated.

tim atherton
30-Oct-2007, 09:03
Unless the mechanism is worn - in which case a tune up usually fixes it, I've found the standard Gepe cable releases have a long enough throw for these older ilex/universal shutters

http://www.mpex.com/ItemDetail.aspx?SKUID=7335&SKU=0638926020255&SN=0000&Q=False