PDA

View Full Version : Imagon 200&300mm and Nikkor M 450mm

fix_se
29-Oct-2007, 12:16
Hi!

I have an Rodenstock Imagon 300mm in a large Compound-shutter in mint condition with all discs etc. However I can't use it on my 4x5" as it's too big. So instead I am probably going to buy a 200mm (I know that it isn't meant to be used with 4x5" camera). I therefore wonder if someone knows how much one usually gets for a 300mm Imagon and what I should pay for a 200mm? And what compound size have an Imagon 250mm?

I also have a 450mm Nikkor M in a DBM shutter, also mint condition. I am thinking about installing it into a Copal-3-shutter instead but do not really know how much that costs. Or is it better to sell the lens in a DBM shutter and buy another that already is in a Copal-3-shutter? How much more does one normal have to pay for a Nikkor M 450mm in a Copal-shutter compared to the same lens in a DBM-mount? How much does it cost to buy a Copal-3-shutter and have the lens cells installed correctly?

Regards,
fix_se

fix_se
29-Oct-2007, 12:17
Sorry, wrong forum, could someone move it to Lenses & Lens Accessoires instead?
Regards,
fix_se

Mike Boden
29-Oct-2007, 12:51
I think the answers to many of your questions could be found by looking through eBay and also calling places like S.K. Grimes (http://www.skgrimes.com/) or Flutots Camera Repair (http://www.flutotscamerarepair.com/). Good luck.

Armin Seeholzer
29-Oct-2007, 13:44
The Imagon 250mm has a Copal 3 shutter and 3 discs!
Happy changing, Armin

fix_se
29-Oct-2007, 14:45
Hi!

Thanks. It seems rather expensive (475 USD) to buy a new Copal-shutter and get the lens cells mounted and perhaps it is a better idea to sell the lens in the DBM-mount and get another used Nikkor M 450mm in a Copal-shutter. I have seen several 450mm at ebay but everyone of them have been in a Copal-shutter. Does anyone know how much I could expect to get for a Nikkor M 450mm in a Sinar DBM-mount?

Regards,
fix_se

Gene McCluney
29-Oct-2007, 18:14
It has been my observation that lenses in Sinar DBM-mount often go for less than the same lens mounted in barrel, as many of the DBM-mount lenses are not easy to remount without custom parts.

fstop
2-Nov-2007, 07:29
I have a 200mm Imagon with all discs and ND filter. Would love to trade you for the 300mm...

Joerg Krusche
2-Nov-2007, 11:57
Hi,

buy a used #3 shutter, and unmounting from a DBM shutter and and mounting on a Copal 3 or Compur 3 shutter is essentially unscrewing from the DBM shutter and screwing the front and rear lens elements into the #3 shutter .. a matter of 60 seconds or less. A lens scale should then not be an unsurmountable problem.

Joerg

Bob Salomon
2-Nov-2007, 13:12
Hi,

buy a used #3 shutter, and unmounting from a DBM shutter and and mounting on a Copal 3 or Compur 3 shutter is essentially unscrewing from the DBM shutter and screwing the front and rear lens elements into the #3 shutter .. a matter of 60 seconds or less. A lens scale should then not be an unsurmountable problem.

Joerg

The Imagon does not have a front element. The element is screwed into the back of the shutter. The trim ring on the front of the DBM mount is what the disks, filters and the hood attach to. That ring needs to be unscrewed from the front of the DBM mount and screwed into the front of the shutter.

When the 300mm Imagon is mounted into a Copal 3 shutter there are only two useable disks. The largest opening disk will not work with this lens/shutter combination.

Joerg Krusche
2-Nov-2007, 15:24
Bob,

my comment was about the 450mm M-Nikkor.

Joerg

fix_se
4-Nov-2007, 13:39
Hi!

Thanks for the information about the Nikkor 450mm. I will try to get av Copal-shutter!

I have the opportunity to buy a Imagon 200mm, Compound shutter, in good condition for 380USD from a serious seller. Does anyone know how much one in average gets for a 300mm Imagon in a compound shutter, sinar lensboard, in mint condition on ebay?

Regards,
fix_se

fix_se
5-Nov-2007, 16:43
No one?
/ fix_se