PDA

View Full Version : User Impressions of WISTA 45 SP

Matt Long
6-Aug-1998, 13:15
I am interested in hearing comments from users of the Wista 45 SP. What are you r likes and dislikes regarding this camera? Any information that you may provid e would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Patrick Raymore
6-Aug-1998, 14:09
Matt,

You will find my extensive comments on the large format home page under "A 4*5 r ound-up>>> Wista VX,SP,>>>> add comments " section. I have used the SP for several years and have actually come to like it better th an my Linhof, but like everything else, it depends what I am doing.

Patrick Raymore
6-Aug-1998, 14:09
Matt,

You will find my extensive comments on the large format home page under "A 4*5 r ound-up>>> Wista VX,SP,>>>> add comments " section. I have used the SP for several years and have actually come to like it better th an my Linhof, but like everything else, it depends what I am doing.

Chris Kulczycki
23-Aug-1998, 22:48
I bought an SP after trying both a Linhof Technica and Toyo AX. I think that thh e SP is far superior to the Toyo in all regards; more movments, smother, easier to use. It's every bit as well made and sturdy as the Linhof, perhaps better mad e, and with a better back and better ergonometrics (sp?). The fact that a bag b elows is available was a big plus. I do wish it had a longer standard belows (of course you can change to a longer belows and track), but since I don't use a le ns over 210mm, that's a minor point. The real joy of using this camera comes fro m the smooth geared movments and the feel of absolute solidity (at half the pric e of the Linhof.)

Chris