PDA

View Full Version : East Bay LF users Group

Damon Harvey
4-Nov-2000, 00:25
Dear All, I'm a LF newbie. Is there/Are there any groups or photo clubs in the East Bay(B erkeley,CA) that might offer some type of interaction other than typing usenet m essages? I for one would rather go out and take some photos with others who have both the time and experience to share with others. I would even consider organ izing a "workshop" (very loose term), where a local LF "guru" (another loose ter m), could be paid to spend a weekend or sequence of weekends with a small group of LF "users". No major claims would be put forth, just talk shop and shoot film . Can anyone suggest a place to start. Would anyone like to volunteer a friend a s "Guru" for a weekend? Damon-

sheldon hambrick
4-Nov-2000, 04:05
I'm interested also....live in Fremont, work in The City - 4x5, 5x7, 8x10.

Chris Partti
4-Nov-2000, 13:18
I don't know of a LF users group here, although I'm vaguely aware that there are many other LF types in the area. If you are looking for instruction, you might keep an eye on the UC Berkeley and UC Santa Cruz Extension programs (courses for both of which are mainly taught in SF): Mark Citret, a very fine LF photographer (with a current monograph "Along the Way"), has from time to time taught a LF class. Both programs have web sites.