PDA

View Full Version : Agfa 8x10 sheet film is discontinued

Kreig McBride
3-Nov-2000, 19:14
Having just started out with an 8x10 I have been using Agfa APX 100 sheet film. My supplier says it is no longer available and a follow up letter to Agfa confi rmed that their 8x10 shelves are bare. Good film at a great price. Sad to see it leave. Any recommendations for a replacement film?? I will assume Ilford??

Pete Caluori
3-Nov-2000, 19:39
Greetings,

I prefer Ilford films in both 4x5 & 8x10, but if your looking for economical film, you may want to look at the offerings from Freestyle Sales. You can find them on the WEB at www.freestylesalesco.com

Regards,

William Leviit
4-Nov-2000, 04:36
You have been lucky as it is to have found APX in 8X10". It has been discontinued for more than a year now. I've been using the HP5+ from Ilford and am happy with both the results and the price. Ilford also gives me the imression that they are more committed to the BW LF scene than other large companies ie. Kodak. This makes me want to support their efforts even more.

David A. Goldfarb
4-Nov-2000, 10:22
I like T-Max 100 in 8x10" developed in D-76 1:1. The tonality will be different from APX 100 or FP-4, but it works for me, and Kodak seems to be committed to it. It also requires less reciprocity correction for long exposures than traditional films.

Jim McGlasson
5-Nov-2000, 10:53
For the past 5 or 6 years I have used Kodaks Ektapan in 8x10 interchangably with Agfa Apx 100 with good results. However, due to Eastmans unreliability as a supplier as evinced by their continual elimination of products I am switching to Ilford. Freestyle Sales has a master roll of FP4 and can supply you 8x10 sheets at a very reasonable price.