PDA

View Full Version : Silvestri Flexicam

tom_l
26-Oct-2007, 04:11
Hi, new guy here,
I'm looking for a nice WA option for occasional digital outdoor shootings. I considered the Cambo WDS (doesn't 4x5film and digital), it`s advantage is portability(i'm a studio guy) and it`s price. I also had a look on the yet to be released Arca R but it will be probably in the Alpa price universe.
Anyway, I own a Hassy V-System and a Flexbody but as you know i`m limited with a 40mm lens, so The Flexicam ( :-( no 4x5film, only digital, so not really a LF camera...) with it`s possibility to shoot Zeiss glass and digital LF lenses and a sliding adaptor looks too great to be true.
The camera is on the market afaik but no reviews yet, the Silvestri website doens't really answer my questions either so i`m looking for a Flexicam owner over herena dother boards too.
The flexicam would be the first cam able to replace a WA camera and a small studio camera for table-top. Any experiences with this very small LF camera?

Tom

jotloob
26-Oct-2007, 04:43
Tom

You might have a look to the HORSEMAN SW-D II PRO .
That camera is very similar to the HORSEMAN SW612 PRO , which I use quite often .

Jürgen

tom_l
28-Oct-2007, 10:23
thanks,
yes I know the Horseman, it seems to be a nice toy.
I searching a camera that can replace my Flexbody (for studio work) nd allows me to use wide-angle <35mm with digital.

TOm

Gordon Moat
28-Oct-2007, 11:05
You might want to look into the Gottschalt (http://www.gottschalt.de/de/kameras_05.html) line of cameras. They are a very small company, unlike Silvestri, though the concepts are similar in function. I first heard of them through the now-disappointing RG Forums, where there were a couple users of these in Germany.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio