PDA

View Full Version : Agfa-Ansco 8x10 lensboard dimensions?

john wilton
22-Oct-2007, 23:38
Giving up (for the time being) on finding a way to get me, a recently acquired sinar p 8x10 and my German shepherd down four flights and out into the streets, let alone supporting the monster on an affordable, carryable tripod once there...I picked an Agfa-Ansco 8x10 off the bay last night. I want to give my lensboard maker the dimensions needed for a board, and for an adapter to receive 4" Wisner boards. From the pix it looks like a Universal View. I saw on an old post that:
'The Ansco takes a huge board: 7-7/16" x 7-1/2".' Seller has confirmed these dimensions, but which is the width/height? Also, how big is the inner square (assuming there is one) and if not centered, dimensions of the lips.

I imagine all will be revealed when it arrives in a week or so, but does an instruction pdf exist? I'll be cuurious to see how front tilt is implemented; can't see any knobs in catalog on cameraeccentric or in photos on 'field cameras of the us' site.

Nick_3536
23-Oct-2007, 01:53
I think the board depends on vintage. Mine was adapted long before I got it to take a Linhof 5x7 board.

If your model has front tilt you should see a knob on the side of the front standard. Older models won't have front tilt.

Ron McElroy
23-Oct-2007, 20:14
I recently acquired an Agfa Ansco as well. My lens boards measure 6x6 inches with and 1/8 inch rabbit on the inside. The inner square on my camera, where the lensboard rabbit joins, measures 5 5/8 inches. This camera has front tilt. Attached is a picture from the auction.

Kirk Fry
23-Oct-2007, 22:59
I got an old gray 8X10 version (early 40 to 50's) with tilting front lens board. The board is 5 31/32 square on the outside. The inner back square is 1/4 smaller all around. the board is a quarter inch thick and the bevel is 1/8 in. Hole is in the center. Mine is made out of ABS plastic. The target may have been 6 inches square but I wanted it to fit. I just have TAP plastic cut 6 inch squares and 5 1/2 inch squares out of 1/8 ABS sheet and glue them together.

K

John Bartley
24-Oct-2007, 05:23
Mine is a 1941 model. The colour of mine is gray with nickel plating on the hardware and with red leather bellows lined with black cloth. The lensboard is 1/2" thick and is 7-1/2" square on the outside and has a 1/4" square rabbet cut on all four inner dimensions to make the inset 7" square.

cheers