PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Quickload film and Kodak Readyload back?

fiercehairdo
22-Oct-2007, 09:40
Hi,

I have just started using a 5X4 camera. I have a Kodak Readyload packet film holder. I've just purchased some Fujifilm Quickload 5X4 film. Will it work with the Kodak Readyload back?

I have a 545 polaroid back as an alternative. Is there any drawback if I have to use this for regular film (ie not polaroid)?

Thanks,
Antony.

Ron Marshall
22-Oct-2007, 10:07
If you have the most recent Kodak single sheet holder then Fuji Quickloads will work fine.

Brad Rippe
22-Oct-2007, 10:07
Yes, I use Fuji film with the Kodak holder. Thee is an article in View camera magazine a while back discussing what works and what doesn't.
-Brad

Rakesh Malik
22-Oct-2007, 10:48
I think Robert White has a similar chart on his site.

eduardtoader
10-Jun-2012, 04:57
Hy all. I´m new on instant sheets so I´m not shure if I should buy it or not. 75036

I would like to know if this holder would work with Fuji Quickload sheets. Actually, I don´t know if the sheets (Kodak/Fuji) for this kind of holder are paper or film. :p

Thanks all

Kuzano
10-Jun-2012, 07:56
The readyload holder shown with the film in that pic is the Professional (last version) of the Kodak Readyload. It has the big red release button, with a spring back pressure plate and slots in the side for Graflok tabs (although it will slide under most ground glass cameras. It is the only Kodak Readyload rate to work just as well with the Fuji "Quickload" film paks.

The Fuji Quickload holders have generally sold for more, because of the bad press on early Kodak holder, so this one often sells for less as well, again because of the notoriety for the earlier holders to leak light and not release the film packets properly. I have one of these Kodak Professionals and it works as easily as the Fuji holders I have used. It was half as expensive new on eBay.

Steve Barber
10-Jun-2012, 08:16
The Kodak product is long discontinued, but the holder you show is the correct one for the Kodak ReadyLoads and for Fuji QuickLoads--both of which can be used in it if you can find any.

Also, you are using the word “instant” when referring to ReadyLoads and QuickLoads. Neither of these contained “instant” films, they just held one sheet of 4x5 cut film which is removed in the dark and developed as you would any B&W negative or color positive film.

You ought to call Casanova Foto and ask what is still available in your market. They still show Fuji FP-100C in 8.5x10.8cm. That is an “instant” film that comes in a pack of 10 and requires a specific Fuji film holder for its use. The Kodak film holder you have pictured with the ReadyLoads will not work with Fuji instant film.

Casanova Fotografía
Pelai, 18
08018 Barcelona
tel:93.302.73.63

eduardtoader
10-Jun-2012, 09:02
Thanks a lot for your replies, Kuzano and Steve.

I´m very confused.. I was happy meeting this holder for less because I was thinking this work with some sheet like polaroid type. I was thinking the instant film is something you take out of the holder and see the image at the time. I just read more about and I understood the film used on this holder had to be processed with E6. Said this, I´m wondered wich is the advantage of use this kind of film on Readyload holder? Why not use classic 4x5 holders with normal film - while normal filmholders allow use of negative, BW and slide? I understand there is a serious reason those Readyload was designed to use but I ca´nt understand wich is it.

best regards to all

Steve Barber
10-Jun-2012, 11:00
The main reason I liked them was the near total elimination of any problems with dust or particle contamination along with being able to have them available, ready to use, as an alternative to having to carry an unreasonably large number of film holders. A box of 20 only took up as much room as a couple of film holders.