PDA

View Full Version : 13x18cm holders

Christopher Nisperos
18-Oct-2007, 15:06
Sorry gang . . .I'm sure someone has already asked about 13x18cm film holders here, but I've dug around and can't find any information.

Can anyone please tell me: a) if they're still being made .. and, if so: b) who makes them and how I can contact the manufacturer?

Thanks kindly,

Christopher

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Gene McCluney
18-Oct-2007, 16:13
If I'm not mistaken you can use standard 5x7 holders on your 13x18cm back. Of course you have to use 5x7 film, which is marginally different in size, but the outside dimension of the 2 different holders is identical.

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
18-Oct-2007, 16:38
Look for those on german E bay as 13x18 Kassetten
http://foto.listings.ebay.de/Kameras-weitere_Grossbildformat_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ8277QQsocmdZListingItemList

Christopher Nisperos
19-Oct-2007, 05:15
Look for those on german E bay as 13x18 Kassetten
http://foto.listings.ebay.de/Kameras-weitere_Grossbildformat_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ8277QQsocmdZListingItemList

Gudmundur!! I can't believe the synchronicity .. I posted just yesterday, looking for you!

Well, first of all, thanks alot for the information about the 13x18 holders, but I'm trying to help a smal shop, specializing in large format. Therefore, I must find a steady source (ie: a manufacturer)

Secondly, the reason I'm trying to contact you is that I met a young French photographer who has just arrived in Iceland. He knows no-one there, and knows of no resources there for supplies, etc. Could you please pm me if it would be OK for him to contact you?

Thanks and kind regards,

Christopher

Nick_3536
19-Oct-2007, 05:18
I don't think anybody is making 13x18 holders. Shen Hao is making 5x7s. Fotoman is working on them. I'd suggest sticking to 5x7.

picturetraveler
19-Oct-2007, 09:22
Hi Christopher,

I still have 6 lisco-fidelity filmholders on sale ...6 for 50 euro...+ shipping
Made 2 people already happy with a set...

I have plenty of LF equipment on sale....see post LF sale

Kind regards from Gent Belgium

Marc De Clercq

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
19-Oct-2007, 09:56
Cristopher! I sent you a private massage

Christopher Nisperos
19-Oct-2007, 17:25
I don't think anybody is making 13x18 holders. Shen Hao is making 5x7s. Fotoman is working on them. I'd suggest sticking to 5x7.

Thanks, Nick. I'll pass the suggestion on to the shopkeeper who is looking for these.

Christopher Nisperos
19-Oct-2007, 17:32
Hi Christopher,
I still have 6 lisco-fidelity filmholders on sale ...6 for 50 euro...+ shipping
Made 2 people already happy with a set... I have plenty of LF equipment on sale....see post LF sale
Kind regards from Gent Belgium
Marc De Clercq

Hi Marc,

Thanks. Hey! I was in Belgium for a whole month this summer! Where were you when I was looking for someone to buddy-around with? All I did was drink coffee and beer (not in the same mug) and shoot lots of photos of art nouveau houses in Brussel. If you have suggestions for good places to go for landscape photography, I'd love to know!

Best,

Christopher

. . . . .

Christopher Nisperos
19-Oct-2007, 17:41
Cristopher! I sent you a private massage

Gudmundur, thanks alot. I received your message and forwarded your contact information to the large format debutant I mentioned. Surely, it will be very helpful for him to know someone like you in your beautiful country!

Best,

Christopher

. . . . .