PDA

View Full Version : Bergger packaging overload

jetcode
16-Oct-2007, 13:53
Is it me or are there far too many layers of packaging for Bergger film. To open a new box and load a couple of holders in a film tent generated a hugh pile of trash. I like the film but the seperator sheet is a bit annoying. Anyone else have this experience? I guess I need to dump the film tent to make more space.

David A. Goldfarb
16-Oct-2007, 13:55
Well, maybe the new Bergger film made at the Harman plant will be less fragile and won't require the interleaving sheets, but I think the soft emulsion film that came from the Forte plant is better off with the interleaving sheets.

jetcode
16-Oct-2007, 14:13
Well, maybe the new Bergger film made at the Harman plant will be less fragile and won't require the interleaving sheets, but I think the soft emulsion film that came from the Forte plant is better off with the interleaving sheets.

I seem to remember HP5 being a lot easier to load. The Bergger has the box, then the outer packaging, then a taped paper wrapper, then two cardboard inserts at each end and the separator sheets. That's a lot of packaging.

Kirk Keyes
16-Oct-2007, 20:51
I seem to remember the FP4 (not FP4+) used to have separator sheets. It was in the early '80s when I used it, so maybe I'm thinking of another film from back then.

Gene McCluney
17-Oct-2007, 06:58
You are just experiencing the Forte "style" of packaging, which is "old school". I really doubt Harman coated film products made for Bergger will have all that extra packing.

The packing will be closer to how Ilford film is packed.