PDA

View Full Version : Camera and lens questions...

dan nguyen
13-Oct-2007, 12:43
Hello all,

I have 2 questions and your opinion will be greatly appreciated...

1. I am a Sinar user and was invited to put a bid on LF stuff.. there is a Sinar F 4x5 complete w.original box (standard length rail, no lens). Condition: good, no scuff mark on any screw, btw. no scuff mark anywhere except on the rear standard where the film holders slided in and out, the below is like new and light tight, all movement are tight (almost too tight for lack of use for too long, in need of some lubrication I guess)... is a $200.00 bid is fair or too little?.. BTW what is fair for that Sinar? What would you bid?

2. I am looking for a LF wide angle lens (from 38mm to 90mm, the wider the better) with good image circle (for studio works and some landscape)... Is there some lenses that you would recommend? Anyone has anything used lenses for sale...?

thanks in advance,

dan

Ron Marshall
13-Oct-2007, 13:03
Assuming that the Sinar is complete and fully functional then $200 is a reasonable price.

Make sure that you have the right to return the camera if it is not as advertised, and ask the seller lots of questions before bidding.

47mm is the shortest focal length that covers 4x5, and is equivalent to 13mm on 35mm; that is an extreme wide angle. More useful are lenses in the 75 to 90mm range.

To have an idea of what prices are reasonable check the KEH Camera Brokers website.

Greg Lockrey
13-Oct-2007, 13:04
I don't really know, but I got a Sinar F with an additional P rear standard, normal and wide angle bellows, 16 film holders, 2 polaroid backs, 3 lens boards, 1 recessed lens board and really stout carry box for $600.00 shipped from Mass. to MI about 5 years ago. There are deals for Sinar's out there to be sure.