PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre CS2 crop behavior

jetcode
9-Oct-2007, 17:08
I am using the CS2 crop tool on some JPG's and I select the content I want to keep. I then go to image/crop and my image is cropped a little but not precisely at the selection. It's like there is a bounding box or some form of edge limit keeping me from cropping exactly what I want to crop. If I select too close to an edge no crop happens at all. What is going on? Am I in some kind of crop mode or is CS2 misbehaving?

Joe

Alan Davenport
9-Oct-2007, 17:24
It sounds like the "snap" mode is on. It allegedly helps with selections, but it's a royal PITA when cropping. Go to the View menu to turn it off.

JW Dewdney
9-Oct-2007, 17:24
you probably have it set up to crop by ratio or absolute number of pixels. Check your options box in the bar above.

Brian Ellis
9-Oct-2007, 19:43
If you have dimensions typed in the height and width box at the top of the screen you'll get the effect you describe. If they're there just delete them.

Alan Davenport
9-Oct-2007, 19:44
...so many ways to do things in Photoshop. So many of them wrong....

Eric James
9-Oct-2007, 19:51
It sounds like the "snap" mode is on. It allegedly helps with selections, but it's a royal PITA when cropping. Go to the View menu to turn it off.

Thanks for that Alan!

jetcode
10-Oct-2007, 11:03
Ok, here's the issue. The Feather control had a setting of 5 pixels. It was a guarantee the crop could be feathered.

Thanks for the offerings - Joe

Greg Miller
10-Oct-2007, 12:55

If you press and hold CTRL (command for Macs) while selecting the crop the snap feature is temporarily disabled.