PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Camera Maker, Part 2

sanking
7-Oct-2007, 12:06
This is a follow-up to a previous message I posted on Chinese camera makers. In my post I mentioned that one of the manager-partners of Chamonix cameras, Mr. He Chong Yue, was himself a user of ultra large format cameras and a prominent photographer in China. I should also mention that there will be an exhibition of his work from October 19-November 24 at the Kiang Gallery in Atlanta, Georgia. There will be a reception for the photographer on October 19 from 6-9pm. The Kian Gallery is located at 1011-A Marietta Street, Atlanta, Georgia, 30318, telephone is 404-892-5477, email kianggallery@mindspring.com The title of the show is "A Billion to One: Dictated Parenthood and the Feudal Mind".

Mr. Chong Yue's work is, IMO, very powerful and provocative for the questions it raises about social policies. It is also some of the best technical work I have ever seen done with ultra large format cameras.

Sandy King

Jan Pedersen
7-Oct-2007, 18:40
Sandy, Thank you for posting this and the previous post..

Capocheny
7-Oct-2007, 19:14
It is also some of the best technical work I have ever seen done with ultra large format cameras.

Sandy King

Hi Sandy,

High praise indeed! I only wish I resided closer to where the show is being held. Alas...

Thanks for the posting...

Cheers

D. Bryant
7-Oct-2007, 19:32
This is a follow-up to a previous message I posted on Chinese camera makers. In my post I mentioned that one of the manager-partners of Chamonix cameras, Mr. He Chong Yue, was himself a user of ultra large format cameras and a prominent photographer in China. I should also mention that there will be an exhibition of his work from October 19-November 24 at the Kiang Gallery in Atlanta, Georgia. There will be a reception for the photographer on October 19 from 6-9pm. The Kian Gallery is located at 1011-A Marietta Street, Atlanta, Georgia, 30318, telephone is 404-892-5477, email kianggallery@mindspring.com The title of the show is "A Billion to One: Dictated Parenthood and the Feudal Mind".

Mr. Chong Yue's work is, IMO, very powerful and provocative for the questions it raises about social policies. It is also some of the best technical work I have ever seen done with ultra large format cameras.

Sandy King

Cool I'll be sure to attend the opening.

Don

John Kasaian
7-Oct-2007, 20:37
That's an exhibition that I'd love to see! Is there any chance Mr. Chong Yue's photography will be exhibited on the West Coast anytime soon?

sanking
8-Oct-2007, 19:32
That's an exhibition that I'd love to see! Is there any chance Mr. Chong Yue's photography will be exhibited on the West Coast anytime soon?

I will try to find out. At this point I am not sure what work he will have at the show in Atlanta. Hopefully it will include some of the huge (40" X 100" or so) prints I saw in Beijing. These were made from original 8X20" in-camera negatives, drum-scanned, and printed with Lamda. It is the highest quality work from ULF I have ever seen printed in this size.

Sandy King

CantikFotos
8-Oct-2007, 20:04
At this point I am not sure what work he will have at the show in Atlanta. Hopefully it will include some of the huge (40" X 100" or so) prints I saw in Beijing. These were made from original 8X20" in-camera negatives, drum-scanned, and printed with Lamda. It is the highest quality work from ULF I have ever seen printed in this size.

Looking at the site now. Some very nice work there. And big. :)

http://www.kiang-gallery.com/artists/chongyue/index.html

CantikFotos
8-Oct-2007, 20:15
In my post I mentioned that one of the manager-partners of Chamonix cameras, Mr. He Chong Yue, was himself a user of ultra large format cameras and a prominent photographer in China.
Mr. Chong Yue's work is, IMO, very powerful and provocative.............

Just a note on Chinese names, when referring to the photographer, it should be Mr. He or Mr. He Chong Yue not Mr. Chong Yue, He being his family name. If you call him Mr. Chong Yue, it usually means he's dead. :)

sanking
9-Oct-2007, 00:21
Just a note on Chinese names, when referring to the photographer, it should be Mr. He or Mr. He Chong Yue not Mr. Chong Yue, He being his family name. If you call him Mr. Chong Yue, it usually means he's dead. :)

Thanks for the link.

As for the proper use of Chinese names, let's keep it from Mr. He Chong Yue know that I put him in the obituary section with my reference!

Sandy King