PDA

View Full Version : non-super technikas

raizans
6-Oct-2007, 15:11
what's the ratio of super technikas to plain old technikas that don't have a rangefinder? i can't find production numbers on the internet. :o

Brian Ellis
7-Oct-2007, 20:09
I don't see how anyone here could possibly know the answer to this question. I think you'd have to ask the factory and my guess is they don't know either, at least not without doing some digging which they understandably might not want to do. However, it can't hurt to ask. The couple times I've dealt directly with the factory by email they were very responsive.

Embdude
2-Aug-2022, 11:34
None of the Technikas made in the first 10 years 1936-1946 had a rangrefinder, but some dealers could install a Hugo Meyer or Kalart aftermarket rangefinder.

The first Technika with a factory designed rangefinder was the 9x12 Technika III of 1946. It was made with and without a rangefinder from 1946-1956

The Super Technika name began with the USA Dealer Kling announcing the refreshed new and improved Technika III 4x5 of 1950.

A 6x9 and 5x7 Technika with rangefinder arrived within a few years. (1951 & 1952)

The Super Technika name was adopted worldwide with the introduction of the IV models (6x9, 4x5, 5x7) in 1956.

III's without a rangefinder are less common than those with one. IV's without a rangefinder are scarce and a V without one is rare in 4x5 and slightly more common in 6x9 and 5x7.

In 1972 the new 4x5 model- Master Technika was only available with a rangefinder until 1995.

Today the Master Technika in 4x5 is the only currently made Technika model and is available with a rangefinder as the "Master Technika Classic" and without rangefinder as the "Master Technika 3000"

The last camera to carry the "Super Technika" label was the Super Technika V 23/6x9 in the early 1980's