PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from New York

Keddz
6-Oct-2007, 12:27
Hi:

My name is Warren, I am new to Large Format and am totally overwhelmed by the learning curve. Fortunately I completely lack common sense and push on none the less. Currently I am taking an Adult Ed photography class and am learning the basics of darkroom techniques. Unfortunately the enlarger doesn't have a lens carrier for a 4x5 so I'm just practicing with 35 mm for now.

Just figuring out how to use my light meter (Sekonic L-758) is a college course in itself. I've been lurking on this forum for awhile and have learned a whole lot already, hopefully now I will be able to "take it to the next level".

I have a million questions in just about all areas of LF so you can expect to be hearing from me a lot in the near future. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Warren

P.S. Any New Yorkers out there? Give a shout!

David A. Goldfarb
6-Oct-2007, 12:35
Quite a few New Yorkers around here. Keep an eye out for LF get-togethers that happen occasionally. Welcome to the forum.

SamReeves
6-Oct-2007, 22:18
Welcome. :)

Uri Kolet
6-Oct-2007, 23:11
Welcome from Vancouver in the Canadian Rockies, Warren; glad to have you here.

Ralph Barker
7-Oct-2007, 08:03
Welcome to the forum, Warren. You'll find lots of useful information here, as well as on the "LF Home Page" link in the blue navigation bar above.

George Stewart
7-Oct-2007, 08:37
Yup. Where in NY (NYC)?