PDA

View Full Version : Important - Postal Strikes

Ash
4-Oct-2007, 14:16
Just a heads up for anybody who is trading or expecting mail to or from the UK.

We have a postal strike, starting today about 10 hours ago (midday). It is meant to last at least 48hours, and I believe it is likely to be one of many in the coming months.

The PO warns severe interruptions and delays for the next week at least.

For anybody I am trading with, I am wary of the arrival of any packages - soon, or at all.

buze
4-Oct-2007, 15:22
Postman informed me that nothing would move and be delivered until next Wednesday, and that letters sent just before the strike will be the worst (not first in first out!)

Too bad for the check I send this morning for a lurvely 210mm Dagor and a 150mm Heliar !

Jim Ewins
4-Oct-2007, 22:47
I've read that the post office is going private. That would make a strike a suicide act.

Tracy Storer
23-Oct-2007, 18:28
I shipped some bellows frames to Camera Bellows in Birmingham on the 4th before reading this post. They went out USPS Priority, which should have had them there in 4 business days(the 10th or 11th)...they arrived on the 22nd. Don't know if more strikes are planned, or if it's been resolved.

Daniel_Buck
23-Oct-2007, 22:55
I'm expecting a few parts from the Netherlands, is this affected by the strike as well? Well, as long as the package goes through, that's all I care about :-) Don't mind them being delayed. I'm in no rush

Rob_5419
24-Oct-2007, 02:21
I'm expecting a few parts from the Netherlands, is this affected by the strike as well?

Shouldn't do. The English stopped invading the Netherlands a long time ago. The strike is limited to the British Isles.

Good news is that the strikes have resolved. Bad news is the backlog of mail is still holding things up and on top of that, there are regional differences in delays.