PDA

View Full Version : 120 C41 mail order processor recommnedations

glenn mccreery
2-Oct-2007, 13:14
I occasionally shoot 120 Ilford XP2 chromogenic film when I need more speed than Kodak Tmax 100; which I develope myself. I used to have it developed locally, but the camera store went out of business. Then I used a mail-order establishment in Phoenix, but it went out of business. So, I am looking for recommendations for mail-order processors in the western half of the United States that can develope 120 negatives and return them in sleeves (no prints needed). Quality is more important than price or delivery time.

matthew blais
2-Oct-2007, 14:50
A&I in LA/Hollywood and yesterday I (re) discovered in my own back yard, Intellicolor, in Riverside CA. Tony is the owner and I'm sure you could mail stuff in. If interested, I'll post some contact info. They can process 120 but can't print or scan it.
They're doing some of my 4x5 E6 today (and also do 8x10 E6)

I thought they closed three years ago but they only moved...

Sheldon N
2-Oct-2007, 16:32
You can buy prepaid mailers for development at A&I that get you nice proof prints with the development. Excellent quality. I think they sell for $12 per envelope/roll at B&H.

glenn mccreery
4-Oct-2007, 07:53
Thank you. A quick Google search give A&I web address as http://www.aandi.com/index.html Their process only price for 120 C41 film is $6.50 or with contact prints $15.00. I will give them a try. Any other processing lab recommendations?

steve simmons
4-Oct-2007, 08:18
Carl's Darkroom here in Albuquerque is good also.

steve simmons

venchka
5-Oct-2007, 21:23
Dwayne's Photo, the Kodachrome folks, also process, print & scan 120 C-41 or B&W.

Dave Parker
5-Oct-2007, 21:53
The local pro lab that I used to work for here in Montana, also can do mail order of 120 with no problem, if you want I can check to see what they are currently charging. They are good.

Dave

venchka
6-Oct-2007, 23:48
The local pro lab that I used to work for here in Montana, also can do mail order of 120 with no problem, if you want I can check to see what they are currently charging. They are good.

Dave

Please do. We need all the resources we can find. Do they also process sheet film?

audioexcels
7-Oct-2007, 04:27
I'm going to post yet another Jobo question, but I'm very curious if people with a Jobo and experience would be willing to charge a minimal fee to do the job. I know A and I are excellent, but it seems people with a Jobo would feel like they were doing nice contributions to the forum by doing the processing for people around here. Minimal charge for the job, and even make money in the long term for people that get their results back and really like what the person with the Jobo did for them. In other words, it works good for both people involved. A minimal charge times 100 people that send in film just about makes up the cost of the Jobo, and that's 100 very satisfied people as the Jobo is a terrific processor.