PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon-NW 210/5.6 or Caltar HR 210/5.6

dfn
1-Oct-2007, 00:57
Does anyone have experience with these two lenses?
I have bought both of them (because of low price, shutters to fix...) but will only keep one of them. Which should I keep?

Matus Kalisky
1-Oct-2007, 06:54
Aha - so you were the one who got the Fujinon :-)

Well - I do not know for the Caltar HR, but the Fujinon is multicoated and supposed to be great. I have one fujinnon lens - the 125/5.6 CMW what is the next generation with a little bit more coverage, but the "NW" fujinons are most probably nearly the same. They should be on pair with last generation Apo sironar N, Apo Symmar lenses or so.

Caltar HR - might be Symmar or Symmar S (or event Komura) so should be fine, but I would guess a little bit older.

But - after all - just shoot both and choose whichever you prefere. "The best" lenses are anyhow those which we do not have or can not afford. This is valid at least for the part of us that that have the gear but did not learn to photograph yet :o

Michael Graves
1-Oct-2007, 07:04
I own the 210 Fujinon and as long as I can still shoot, it will never be for sale.

BradS
1-Oct-2007, 09:13
The 210mm f5.6 Caltar HR is known to have bene manufactured by Topcon. There was briefly also a 210mm f6.8 Caltar HR which is otherwise know as Rodenstock Geronar.

Personally, I'd keep the Fuji unless its condition was obviously inferior.

dfn
1-Oct-2007, 12:40
Thank you for answering!

I have leaned towards the Fujinon myself, but I wanted to hear your opinions first, as the users most often knows best.