PDA

View Full Version : How about some recommended BW labs?

Nate Battles
20-Sep-2007, 20:17
Hey LFr's,
First of all I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for their advice! It's been so helpful. I am finally feeling the bug to start shooting again:) I would really like to process my own film, but due to lack of space, time, blah, blah, what are some recommendations for BW labs for developing film. I used to work in a lab, so I am sort of picky, which is a big set-back. Anyway, let me know if you guys send your film off-- where??

Thanks,

Nate

BTW, hopefully this does not lead to any squabbles like the "Where do I get my film scanned thread" but it probably will.:eek:

Kirk Gittings
20-Sep-2007, 21:00
Edgar Praus. I prefer to do my own B&W, as I am very picky. When I get seriously behind with my B&W, I trust Praus Labs to follow my instructions. I have yet to be disappointed.

http://www.4photolab.com/Pages/aboutus01.html

Greg Lockrey
20-Sep-2007, 21:18
:) "Edgar encourages you to use stereo cameras
because you'll shoot twice as much film." :) Not for the reason you think. ;)

Frank Petronio
20-Sep-2007, 21:35
Edgar is very fast, consistent, and clean

Buy him health insurance

jetcode
22-Sep-2007, 19:00
Hey LFr's,
First of all I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for their advice! It's been so helpful. I am finally feeling the bug to start shooting again:) I would really like to process my own film, but due to lack of space, time, blah, blah, what are some recommendations for BW labs for developing film. I used to work in a lab, so I am sort of picky, which is a big set-back. Anyway, let me know if you guys send your film off-- where??

Thanks,

Nate

BTW, hopefully this does not lead to any squabbles like the "Where do I get my film scanned thread" but it probably will.:eek:

gamma - san francisco - hand processed just like home but pro

steve simmons
22-Sep-2007, 20:53
Cox Lab in Rancho Cordova, CA, a burb of Sacramento.

steve simmons