PDA

View Full Version : Toyo made lensboards to fit Master Technika?

Arne Norris
20-Sep-2007, 14:05
With new Linhof lensboards costing so much I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences using Toyo brand or other brands to fit a master Technika.

I have only seen one generic board (that came with my used camera) and it is very loose fitting.

Midwest has both Toyo flat boards and some other un-named European source of recessed boards.

I'd prefer Linhof, of course. But will any generic brands fit nicely?

SamReeves
20-Sep-2007, 14:10
Adorama has a few lensboards of their own that they sell with the Tachi's, around $32. They should fit on a Linhof without any problem.

naturephoto1
20-Sep-2007, 14:14
Arne,

Calumet used to sell Toyo boards to fit the Linhof Technika IV/V/Master/2000/3000/Technikardan cameras. Check to see if they still do. They fit my Technikardan 45S OK but may need to sanded slightly along the edges to fit perfectly (they may be just a tad too large). But they are very very good boards.

Rich

Bob Salomon
20-Sep-2007, 14:15
If you have a Linhof made in the past 6 years or so the answer is no. Linhof installed new CnC equipment to mill their boards and standards to much tighter standards then in earlier models. The fit of old boards and off brand boards to the later cameras can be so tight that the only way to mount the board is to scrape the paint layer off the side edges of the board. A loose board would be a very out of spec board.

Wista also makes Technika boards of quite high quality - not quite as good as the original and without the QR coupling available on many Linhof boards.

Nick_3536
20-Sep-2007, 14:18
Nikon used to make boards also. Plus Badger sells the Shen Hao boards. Bromwell I think also has boards.

OTOH why do you need new boards? Used boards in #1 and #0 size are very common. If you want to stick with Linhof the used boards are more reasonable.

gregstidham
21-Sep-2007, 14:40
I have a Toyo board made for the Linhof on my Technika IV right now. It fits great. I also use a Wista board and it works nice and snaps in like the Linhof brand board I own.

Stay away from the Shen Hao boards or anything coming out of China. I have two boards from my old Shen Hao and they don't fit well at all. I would need to machine them down to make them work.

I agree with Bob, Linhof is the best fit, but Wista and Toyo if you can find them are a good second on the Technika IV I own.

KenM
21-Sep-2007, 15:24
Nikon boards also work well, at least on my 80's Master Technika - not sure about the later versions; the Nikon boards may very well have the same issue that Bob describes above.