PDA

View Full Version : Adirondacks. oct 6th weekend? anyone?

eddie
19-Sep-2007, 08:00
anyone want to do a LF shoot in the daks on the weekend of Oct 5,6,7?

i think i will go up no matter what. i may be able to take one person with gear if it is too cold for my wife....otherwise if she goes i can not. i will be camping so i will have camping gear as well as LF stuff.

anyone? anyone? beuller?

eddie

Walter Calahan
19-Sep-2007, 08:11
Man I wish I could. The Addies are one of my favor places in the whole world.

naturephoto1
19-Sep-2007, 08:30
Hi Eddie,

Hope you have a great trip. I am trying to get up to the High Peaks Region around Lake Placid September 26 through around October 3. That tends to be the optimum color up there but, I hear rumor that the color is starting early. I will give a call to the Adirondack Lodge before going to check on the color. I will be bringing a variety of formats including 4 X 5 and my Mamiya 7 II.

Rich

eddie
19-Sep-2007, 09:11
keep me posted on your movements and the leaves. i have a wedding to shoot on the 29th but i maybe able to slip out on sunday. other than that i can do a bit more on the 5,6,and 7.

eddie

davidb
19-Sep-2007, 09:56
I spent 10 days in Keene Valley in the beginning of August.

I hiked to the top of Noon Mark with my Toyo 45a, 15 quickloads, the holder and my tripod. I made my wife carry the lunch. :)

It was fantastic.

naturephoto1
19-Sep-2007, 10:06
I spent 10 days in Keene Valley in the beginning of August.

I hiked to the top of Noon Mark with my Toyo 45a, 15 quickloads, the holder and my tripod. I made my wife carry the lunch. :)

It was fantastic.

David,

A beautiful area indeed. You might know where the Noon Mark Diner is then?? ;)

Rich

JPlomley
19-Sep-2007, 10:09
One of our favorite places for fall color. Would love to join you Eddie, but we will be heading to Acadia NP on Oct 6th.

davidb
19-Sep-2007, 10:17
Yep...I ate there several times.

My wifes family has a house there in KV so we go there every summer.

Ron Stowell
19-Sep-2007, 13:18
Would love to join you. Used to live in Plattsburgh until retirement and other comittments took me away. Now the other comittments prevent me from going back this year, will be returning to the Adirondacks next year.
Routes 9 and 73 between Lake Placid and the KV are great this time of year, I have pictures that were done there that are now screen savers on my pc.

Don Miller
19-Sep-2007, 14:08
Any further suggestions for NY fall color? I've visited the Adirondacks twice in the fall, but was always confused as to the best locations.

eddie
19-Sep-2007, 14:42
Any further suggestions for NY fall color? I've visited the Adirondacks twice in the fall, but was always confused as to the best locations.

don, some of the best NY spots for fall colors is in the catskills and the hudson valley. mohonk mountain, and the various NYC reservoirs are a few places that come to mind. PM me if you need further info.

eddie

eddie
20-Sep-2007, 18:17
ooooohhhh! sorry. i can not go. my old friend i have not seen in 15 years is coming to town unexpectedly.......so will will be telling lies and making up stories for the weekend.

eddie

JPlomley
2-Oct-2007, 07:14
My wife and I went this weekend, hiked Mount Jo (the very steep trail) and Baxter. Colors were only at about 40%. Will be much better this coming weekend.

Greg Miller
2-Oct-2007, 14:49
There was pretty good color around places in the Adirondacks around September 23 (see attachment - McIntyre Range with Colden, Mt. Jo, and Indian Pass). The High Peaks can be tough because many of the deciduous trees grow at the lower elevations, with the higher elevations being more predominantly evergreens. The North facing slopes have more color because they do not get as much direct sunlight and stay cooler. There are also many trees showing color because of stress. They are just giving up and stopping their chlorophyll process so their color is not really an indication of a true fall color event.

Ted Harris
2-Oct-2007, 17:13
If you want to come farther East colors will be absolute peak this weekend in Vermont's Northern Kingdom and New Hampsihre's North Country. We're doing a Fine Foliage Workshop there this weekend. Send me a PM if you want some directions to drop by.

phil sweeney
3-Oct-2007, 03:03
Its been a few years. FYI there is a bar/hotel at Raquett Lake $20 a nite. Old style hotel with common bathroom.

Phil
3-Oct-2007, 09:11
One of the local radio DJ's mentioned this site the other day:

http://www.foliage-vermont.com/foliageinflash.htm

Looks like the Northeast Kingdom and the higher elevations of the Green Mountains will be starting to peak this weekend according the the site...

Greg Miller
3-Oct-2007, 09:59
This is a good site to for New York (other states are available).

http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/northeast_us/