malum
19-Sep-2007, 04:32
am I allowed to sell stuff here?
If not just let me know.

I have this camera

http://www.virtuallyinsane.com/temp/camera1.jpg

http://www.virtuallyinsane.com/temp/camera2.jpg

for sale.
I know nothing about LF photography. It's been in storage for many years but aside from the dust it looks to be in good condition.

It has this SCHNEIDER SYMMAR-S 150MM 1:5.6 on the front and that can come with it or not.
I have no idea of a fair price so maybe a kind soul can guide me.
I am in the UK and it's heavy so I can probably only post it to the UK unless you are really keen anyway.

If anyone wants the lens separately I can send that anywhere.
From previous postings I gather the shutter is also separate it says Compur O on it.

Thanks in advance

Uusilehto
19-Sep-2007, 05:03
Welcome to the forum, although, judging by your posts here and on FM, I doubt your stay will be too long.

Have you considered actually using that camera? I know, it may seem like a huge jump to start on large format but you already have the essentials. Just add a few film holders, a tripod, film and chemicals. With Shanghai film and Rodinal, you can get the price per frame well under $1 (depending on workflow, obviously)

Anyway, no, this is not the right sub-forum for selling things. There's a separate For Sale/Wanted sub-forum.

EDIT: Actually, I might be interested on the Symmar-S. Got any detailed pictures of it? Any fungus or schneideritis (bubbling of the light-flocking black paint on the inside walls of lens cells)?

Ash
19-Sep-2007, 05:24
This looks like (from the rear standard) a Burke&James monorail EDIT: I can see from the pic it's an MPP. It's possibly a 5x7/half-plate if the back is removable the the rear standard is fairly large.

You should put it up for sale in the Classifieds here - the forum is named "For Sale/Wanted".

If I wasn't short on cash then I might have been interested in some bits like the lens, as I'm in the UK.

malum
19-Sep-2007, 06:00
Thanks all and thanks for the welcome
I didn't see the sub forum, Can a moderator move this for me maybe?
Thanks.

I'm a digital man and I just don't have the time/money needed to put into this at the moment. I don't have a scanner for trannies for instance, leaving aside all the costs associated with film and developing.
I'm out of the country for a few days from Friday I'll get back to this after that.

I'll put some pics of the lens up if I have time this afternoon.

Edit: I see the For Sale bit now. There's another reason I don't take up large format, I'm clearly blind!