PDA

View Full Version : Travel to and from Mexico

kjsphotography
18-Sep-2007, 23:48
Anyone know the best way for travel from / to / to / from Mexico to Sacramento or Oakland airport?

What are the best airlines? Best rates? Mexico City I think is the destination.

Kev

John Kasaian
19-Sep-2007, 01:46
Check Air Auction, SunTrips and Cheapo Air.

claudiocambon
19-Sep-2007, 04:43
I think either Aeromexico or Mexicana have flights from Oakland to Mexico City. They definitely do from SFO, as might United. Check Orbitz as well.

Scott Davis
19-Sep-2007, 06:45
Also take a look at cheaptickets.com, Travelzoo.com, and check on Sherman's Top 20 (I forget the URL). Also take a look at kayak.com, priceline.com, and ticketcomps.com . I think the majors (travelocity.com, expedia.com, and orbitz.com) seem to use the same data sources, so they often have the same fares on the same routes. It's worth comparison shopping between them though, because often one of the three will have a better price.

Addendum-

I just ran a search on Kayak - that is an awesome website. They will give you comparison charts for all airlines flying a given route, and they'll even search other travel websites like Orbitz and Expedia to show you their package prices too. Just to give you an example, from that search, Alaska Airlines has a flight from Sonoma County airport into LA, and then a connection to Mexico City from there, for $428 (which, by the way, is the cheapest flight for that general route).

Ernest Purdum
19-Sep-2007, 15:26
I'm so down on airports these days that if I could drive to China, I would.

Driving down wold be long and sometimes exasperating, but also full of interest. If you have the time you ought to consiuder it.

walter23
19-Sep-2007, 19:45
I'm so down on airports these days that if I could drive to China, I would.

Driving down wold be long and sometimes exasperating, but also full of interest. If you have the time you ought to consiuder it.

The roads in Mexico that I've travelled on have been very good.

Scott Davis
20-Sep-2007, 07:49
You realize that it is also almost as far to drive from Sacramento to Mexico City as it is to drive from Sacramento to Chicago. And if you want to drive in Mexico as a foreigner, you need to get special vehicle insurance to cover you, because Mexico treats accident liability differently than we do in the US.